Brag about your kids thread

At my 4 year old’s preschool they decided to do a mini-award for kids when they are particularly selfless and my 4 year old was apparently the first one to receive it :slight_smile:

Of all my kids she definitely has the highest peaks and lowest troughs of behavior

4 Likes

I guess I could brag about how sweet my kids were when I was sick by constantly hugging me, snuggling me, and asking me how I was doing. Unfortunately I don’t really want anyone hugging me, snuggling me, and asking me how I am doing when I have sinusitis, bronchitis, and laryngitis.

5 Likes

My 6 year old has upgraded his fast food burger from just cheese and meat, to now ketchup, too.

Which seems like a silly thing, but that’s a big deal for him. He tried something new despite not thinking he would like it, and then did. Personal growth!

10 Likes

I ate plain double cheeseburgers my whole life, and I’ll be damned if I’m going to change now!

all the teachers say my kids are funny

2 Likes

I hope when they tell you that, you respond with this:

2 Likes

RN

1 Like

Amusingly, Bon was somewhat confused as to why everybody says it, and then I baited her with the story of Aristotle’s lost volume of Poetics and The Name of the Rose…

…then Stu came in to add something about the play The Birds and Cloud Cuckoo Land

after which, she realized what we were doing, and I just said she came from a long line of smartasses

I remember my younger child’s first joke. She must have been 3 bc she didn’t speak English much before then. We were in Walmart and she started talking about all the things she wanted. Then she said, “I’m Weewah*. I want EVERYTHING!”

*Her name for her older sister, who in fact always seemed to want something at Walmart.

4 Likes

Nothing like waking up on Monday in a sick daze, barely able to comprehend the day, logging into work… and having your kid, supposedly having just died and become a ghost, finding me at her own gravesite and pleasantly suggesting I go for a walk through the woods, so I can fall off a cliff onto the spikes below, so that I can join her as a skeleton… Because as it so happens, on the planet where she lives, where it is dark and cold all the time, her next door neighbor just died and went to earth, so there’s a new vacancy.

I tell her I’d have to talk to her mother about that. So naturally she’s now pretending to be talking to her, convincing her to commit suicide so she can become a monster, specifically a goblin.

So I ask her about the inhabitants of that world and she calmly explains that “monsters are to ghosts, as ghosts are to skeletons; and ghosts are to skeletons as skeletons are to monsters.”

“Okay”.

1 Like

Your child has an amazing imagination. Also, check for fungus on your bread.

2 Likes

Daughter got 2nd place (& a cash prize, too!) at the concerto aria competition last night and will perform at the classics concert.

5 Likes

Daughter was the “student conductor” for one of her choir’s songs at their most recent concert. The song was MLK by U2 (Arranged by Bob Chilcott).

5 Likes

A friend’s daughter will be doing a university year in Paris starting in September!!! Of course, she has to do a bit of touring and see old exchange friends before that.

So jealous!! Being old and having responsibilities is for suckers.

3 Likes

My oldest got a perfect score and gold medal at the state forensics competition. More importantly, she found out that she got two different $1,000 scholarships for college next year.

9 Likes

My son: high honor roll. 6th grade. 2 marking periods in a row!

Ivy League here we come!

4 Likes

I’m still happy to be done with potty training.

5 Likes

I think 20-something years is a little long to bask in those laurels.

6 Likes

Daughter called me to announce that she’s accepted a full-time job! She’s going to take a year or two off from college and decide whether or not she really wants to do that, and if so, what she wants to study.

I already found her on LinkedIn. :smiley:

6 Likes

The choir my kids and I sing with is having their concert this weekend.

Looking through the digital program, I see a very familiar face featured prominently in one fo the pictures. It’s actually not the first time this photo of my son has been used in their materials - he’s just so cute. (The photo is from 4-5 years ago, so not quite as cute today, but close enough… :slight_smile: )

4 Likes