Brag about your GoActuary badges

I made my birthday 1/1 on FB so nothing triggers. Though my wife always ruins it by posting a HBD on my wall.

I think birthdays are dumb to celebrate, but I understand that other people like it. I don’t wish people HBD on FB. There are enough people doing that already, they don’t need to hear it from me.

1 Like

why would making your birthday 1/1 mean it doesn’t tell people it’s your birthday, just on the wrong day? you know that you can set your birthday to private, right?

1 Like

Then why set it at all?

Plus I like to mess with the advertising metrics, too.

1 Like

i like the puns

2 Likes

not following your question. i think you have to pick a birthday on fb. it doesn’t have to be real though, but it can be set to private.

do you want people wishing you a happy birthday on 1/1?

1 Like

My birthday guideline is that they have either wished me a HBD in the past, or they like my posts some of the time, or they are people I see outside of facebook. If it’s a guy who is around my age or younger, I’ll usually post something like “Happy birthday old fart”. And special message for the 42th birthday of course.

1 Like

My guideline is much easier to follow.

1 Like

I don’t think FB sends out BD greetings on 1/1.

Or maybe mine is private. I don’t know or care.

For all my GoA friends, my birthday is 9/20

1 Like

why would fb ignore 1/1 birthdays? makes no sense.

2 Likes

Something I thought I read. I’m prolly incorrect.

1 Like

Now, it’s up to you whether or not you want to just do the bare minimum. Well, like Brian, for example, has 37 badges. And a terrific smile. People can get exam advice anywhere, ok? They come to GoA for the atmosphere and the attitude. That’s what the badges are about. It’s about fun.

5 Likes

RN!

1 Like

I want to earn badges

5 Likes

I just liked your post. that will give you the coveted “welcome” badge!

2 Likes

Badges, we don’t need no stinking badges

(most people see this and think the spoof on the actual movie quote)

1 Like

Maybe because you’re quoting the spoof rather than the actual movie line(s).

2 Likes
1 Like

I already posted this. Let’s stop badgering people who haven’t seen Blazing Saddles.

1 Like

1 Like

But every cloud has a silver lining. Your offensive joke got me my badge!
:wink:

1 Like