Bob Saget - the non-RIP thread version

Do you have a basis in fact for this? Not saying you are wrong. I am truly interested if this is fact or opinion.

I’ve been creeped out by attractive guys hitting on me

A simple Google search tells you that 70% of divorces are initiated by women. Oh actually depends on the source. I’m seeing it might be up to 80%.

Jon is a nice guy these days. Not sure about many years ago.

Dorothea is a really cool person, too. Her birthday is a couple days from mine and we trade HBD texts every year.

Because they are bored of their husbands, or other reasons like his infidelity or money problems, or domestic abuse?

1 Like

So in conclusion bob sagets first wife who was his age might have been the jerk who initiated divorce based on those stats

Lol at thinking women don’t cheat or are not abusive.

Women can be the most emotionally abusive people.

I’m sure the manner in which someone approaches you can be creepy. If a guy just wants to get laid, they can get quite crude.

however, if a good looking guy came up to you and said, ‘Hi, my name is Jim, what’s yours?’ And later said 'maybe we could meet for coffee or something." Would you be creeped out?

What if an ugly guy came up to you and did the same thing?

Who would you be more apt to say ‘yes’ to?

I’d wonder what both are trying to sell me.

I hated any show that has kids that can’t act and are just fed one-liners

FH was the epidemy of this cancer

1 Like

How rude!

You got it dude!

I’m not saying that at all.

You said: “women initiate most divorces after they get bored of their husbands”

I was just wondering how many of those 70% of divorces really were becasue the ladies got bored and how many were for other reasons.

1 Like

I think what gets creepy is that some men like to date younger women because it gives them more control, or they perceive it as a status symbol. In other words, the large age difference is a feature, not an accident. This can feel especially true for celebrities, who often turn their private person into a public product.

But I also know plenty of people in marriages with large age differences who pretty clearly married for love.

Incidentally, the historian Will Durant quit his teaching job in his early 20s to ask the parents of his 15 year old student for permission to court her. They stay married their whole lives. I guess it was a different time? Next to that, this age difference seems no big deal.

Maybe. But I’m attracted to a guy who can make me laugh. I could never have a one night stand with a hot dude who isn’t funny. I can appreciate he’s hot, but if I’m not attracted to his personality, I’m not attracted to him.

Maybe I’m in the minority, probably am, but I didn’t rule anyone out based on their looks. I have preferences in looks as all do, but it’s not a deciding factor for me…

So, how have you met any of your past boyfriends? have none of them approached you first?

I know this question isn’t for me, but it’s an interesting question in that none of my past boyfriends ever “approached” me. In every case it was (1) kinda knew each other from around, (2) found an opportunity to make out.

I guess my very first boyfriend sort of approached me, but I didn’t like him and turned him down 47 times before giving in. The moral of this story is that girls don’t like being approached, I think.

“Hola Tanorinos!”

audience busts out laughing

oh, some of them never really liked their husbands to begin with, but thought they needed to get married due to societal reasons or they wanted babies. so they cheat and leave.

looks like you’re looking for a reason to blame the men in these marriages. i think it’s the women who mostly have higher standards in the end, whereas men stick it out even if their wives suck.

lol at thinking i have a slew of past boyfriends. yes, men approach me first, but if i don’t know them already i won’t be open to it regardless of their looks.

I’m not at all.

I was just questioning your ‘stat’ that most women initiate divorce (which you substantiated, thanks) becasue they got ‘bored’ with their husbands (which seems anecdotal at best, pure conjecture at worst).