Biden Document Scandal

I recognize there are throwaway candidates in a lot of elections that have no real chance of winning, but in my school district, those garbage candidates are the ones that won the election. Just a reminder about how awful Republicans did in the mid-term election because they put forth nothing but grievances. We also have the crybaby in AZ that was an anti-masking TV news anchor that was the party’s rising star.

I am not seeing anything from the Democrats suggesting that they have a serious strategy of not having quality and presenting ideas as top priorities.

Seems to be both, IMO.

Also: Secretaries of State and County Commissioners. The GOP has actual tips for the local party organizations.

1 Like

I was just going off the “from school boards” part, which is pretty local with little relevance to the big-picture national government.

Lots of Democrat’s out there running major cities in the US and letting homelessness and crime run rampant. I think your bias is showing.

Can you provide some examples of large Republican run cities with low levels of crime and homelessness and how those policies can be implemented in Democratic run cities?

2 Likes

Those are problems in the cities, but gun violence is also a nationwide problem.

America has a homelessness problem. I think it is fairly obvious that there are a number of reasons why this would end up being concentrated in major cities, but it seems les obvious which policies are causing people to become homeless. We do know there are a disproportionate number of veterans in this situation, maybe we can draw some conclusions from that as to what sort of things lead to it, such as physical and psychological issues as a result from their combat experience.

1 Like

Ah, I see. There is actually a nationwide push to get school boards controlled by conservatives who want to implement policies to further a Christian agenda. DeSantis is doing some of this in Florida with his “anti-woke” nonsense, but this strategy is being repeated everywhere. It’s downright frightening imo. So yes that’s local, but it’s part of the Republican plan to promote culture war issues to rile up their base.

2 Likes

And, note that many of these local elections are not during the National Office Elections, so normally lower turnout for Dems, meaning GOPs can take over.

Running on a platform of less government and fewer laws limits your sales pitch to the voters. Turning to culture wars bullshit is too tempting for your average republican as it is easier to paint your opponent as an evil enemy rather than sell a voter on deleting government as a vision.

The few “Republican run” cities that exist tend to be low violent crime. Jacksonville, Omaha, and Fort Worth come to mind. I’m not sure about homeless problems there but they don’t seem to have the same reputation for it as some other cities.

Clearly they didn’t, at least partially because of the election meddling with the Hunter laptop situation and the Biden family’s obvious influence peddling. That doesn’t mean the choice was wrong, but Biden is at least at much of a corrupt grifter as Trump.

The documents scandal is another illustration of this. Not only is Biden a serial classified documents hoarder, but he fully intended to cover it all up and have the public never know. His personal attorney found them and told the WH (not the DOJ), which told the National Archives (not the DOJ) where apparently someone finally leaked it to DOJ, which then had a small group meet with 8 WH aides, again seemingly trying to cover it up. NYT goes into detail on this, with Anita Dunn apparently adamant that it all be kept secret. It wasn’t until someone leaked it to CBS news when it broke on January 9th that the public became aware. And it wasn’t until after public awareness that DOJ had to, you know, actually investigate. The Special Counsel, the additional searches finding even more documents, those were all revoked privileges only because some intrepid soul leaked it to the press.

Vegas Vacation poster above is right. These are very very bad people.

1 Like

Lolwut??

5 Likes

If this is your opener, i know the rest of your post likely isn’t worth reading.

1 Like

So what are the republican policies that reduced the violent crime rates? Why are they failing at the state level?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/homicide_mortality/homicide.htm

1 Like
1 Like

Ohhhh snap.

Maybe we should start with who doesn’t have classified documents at home.

4 Likes

I suspect that we’re going to learn that it’s not uncommon for a few classified documents to get mixed in with personal effects at the end of service.

Trump may have been judged unfairly on that. He still deserves plenty of flak for how he handled the error.

(I suspect it’s only deemed a crime if you intentionally take the documents and/or interfere with getting them returned.)

2 Likes

:raising_hand_man:

1 Like

Like so many things, it’s rarely the underlying error but what you do next that affects how history judges you.

1 Like