Back to lockdown

I think the responsible advice to people who live alone is to bubble up with a small number of people they trust. From an epidemiological perspective, it matters more how many people you interact with than whether you interact with them every day or not.

considering solitary confinement is one of the worst forms of punishment, I’d disagree.

I didnt realize people in solitary confinement could use the internet to play games with all of their friends or use their phones to call/Facetime everyone in their family. I guess I have lots to learn about what happens in solitary confinement?

I’m perfectly able to go to my parents house and talk to them while they are on their porch and I am in the driveway. I still am able to interact with and communicate with all of my friends and family.

cool, then do that, and I’ll do what I want. It’s the judgment like this that is insulting.

Who did I judge? And how is it insulting?

But I have full faith that you will do what you want. Most people do.

your post implies that i’m doing something wrong.

Because I said I was perfectly able to go talk to my parents in response to somebody claiming my life is essentially the same as ‘solitary confinement’? Interesting.

you started it off with disagreeing with me on finding it obnoxious.

I think you’ve said everything worth saying on this topic. Please move on.

1 Like

Yes. I don’t find it obnoxious for MSNBC to recommend that people stick with their nuclear family to reduce the inevitable explosion of cases that will be caused by all of the large family gatherings that will be happening for Thanksgiving.

Ok

great, i do

Nevermind.

You new here?

CA enacts lockdown curfew. 10PM to 5AM non-essentials need to stay home.

Let’s see if the Fascist supporters get behind this Fascist decree.

Do I remember seeing a graph of the typical incubation period and contagious person for COVID on this site? Anyone know how long people can pass it on?

The typical incubation is 2-5 days, and almost everyone who is going to develop it does so within 14 days. There were a bunch of references to studies about that on the old ao.

More recently, someone has done some studies showing that a quarantine of 10 day followed by a negative test on or after day 10 is probably as good as the full 14 day quarantine for preventing spread.

And the odds of developing it drop a lot after 8-10 days. Some places are looking at shorter quarantines knowing they are less effective, but thinking that it may be easier to get good compliance with an 8-10 day quarantine than with a 14 day quarantine.

Let’s see if this works…

Naw, I was hoping the just show the chart. But if you follow the link you should see it. This is a paper looking at whether the incubation is correlated to age, but it has a nice graph of the distribution of time-to-symptoms. Time-to-becoming-highly-infectious is shorter — it’s currently thought that many people may be most infectious about 48 hours before they notice symptoms.

This one is a meta-analysis of several studies, and has a nice curve.

https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/10/8/e039652

check figures 3 and 5, for their conclusions and the range of results of various studies.

Thanks, I feel like I saw generally people are only contagious the 2-3 days before symptoms and then 7-10 days from the start of symptoms. But I can’t seem to find if that’s true or I made it up. Now I’ll have to read through your sources!