Back to lockdown

We’re getting back to late march numbers. A lockdown is coming in a few weeks barring some kind of miracle. Stock up imo.

yes, most likely. but why “stock up”? one of the annoying parts of this is everyone stocking up causing a paper and other items shortage. the supermarkets don’t close though. i think that the shortage is mostly due to people stocking up.

thanksgiving, in addition to already rising numbers is likely to make things a lot worse.

Looks like the county I live in (Clark County Indiana) is about to go ham. We are setting at 1 in every 209 residents caught Covid last week. My own Ro calculated as the current 7 day moving average over the 7 day moving average 7 days ago is 1.49. If that hold this week (it accelerated from 1.375 the week before) 1 in every 119 people would catch Covid this week. Saturday of course in the main thoroughfare of commerce restaurant parking lots were packed. We have a lot of Trumpkins here which makes compliance difficult and a lot of skepticism of the data.

The school system has been on remote learning for 2 weeks due to the number of teachers that were on quarantine and they are planning to go back to in class learning for the last 2 days of this week and the 2 days before the Thanksgiving break. That seems like an unnecessary mixer at this point given the rates of spread. I assume people have made their Thanksgiving plans and are not going to cancel them so throwing the students back together for just 4 days is going to multiply the mixing of germs quite a bit over the holiday. That seems risky for the community at large and in IMO they should just wait till after the break to go back to in person school.

Clark County has about 100,000 residents and is a suburb of Louisville, KY setting right across the Ohio River with 3 major crossings going in and out.

My state is currently about 1.5% actively infected. I have to go take my exam, but I don’t want to.

Family still wants to do Christmas. I’m hoping we get a severely enough worded lockdown so we can cling to that without them being upset.

The autumn/winter increase isn’t really unexpected. But going back into lockdown is going to hurt a lot of people financially. I really don’t know where the balance point is, and it makes me sad and anxious.

Thanksgiving is just the two of us. We might drive one state over for christmas with my parents, in which case it will be four of us. Maybe. Depends on what the stats look like.

It’s going to kill a bunch of other people.
A real Sophie’s Choice…

Can’t tell if serious…

Half and Half.
The solution is left to the reader, Exercise 54.

If you’re a single mom living paycheck to paycheck and has 3 kids yeah it’s gonna suck. People on this forum are rich though, so can’t relate.

My office announced that they’re asking non-essential employees to work from home for now. No explicit timeline for opening back up for re-entry.

Interesting note: the COVID-rate of those who volunteered to work in the office is far lower than those who haven’t.

Our potential back-to-the-office date has been pushed from “no earlier than Jan 1” to “no earlier than Apr 1”.

no business travel until likely end of next year

again with MSNBC telling me to stick with my “nuclear family” of ONE for Thanksgiving.

middle paw to MSNBC

I have a lot of family and friends who are very much not rich, and who are pretty seriously hurt by the financial side of it :frowning:

There really isn’t a “good” solution. I think at best, there’s a “less devastating” solution, and even then you’re going to get differing opinions depending on whether you’re looking at short term or long term impacts.

Same here.

How dare they try to advocate for public health and safety!

It would have been nice if we had done it early and properly like many other countries were able to. The damage to these people are coming from the continued explosion of this outbreak in our country.

it’s shaming people into entirely isolating from all humanity if you live alone. it’s obnoxious.

…I live alone and I don’t find it obnoxious. :man_shrugging: