Attack on Nancy Pelosi's husband

From Sredni’s link

Americans’ trust in the media remains sharply polarized along partisan lines, with 70% of Democrats, 14% of Republicans and 27% of independents saying they have a great deal or fair amount of confidence.

There has been a consistent double-digit gap in trust between Democrats and Republicans since 2001, and that gap has ranged from 54 to 63 percentage points since 2017.

The graph showing this over time is interesting. There’s a big drop in Republic trust in media between 2015 and 2016. Also between 2002 and 2004. There’s been a gap since they starting asking the question, but it’s grown quite a lot.

1 Like

You are right, maybe I shouldn’t #BOTHSIDES this topic. It is one-sided. Only a majority of Democrats seem to trust “media sources”. A majority of Independents and Conservatives don’t trust media sources. …something to ponder…

what do independents and conservatives trust?

Yes, it is. It belongs in its own thread really.

It is also why most Republicans believe Trump was elected President, and why we had the Insurrection.

It’s hard to overstate how fucked it is that we don’t agree on basic reality.

conservatives trust foxnews as a media source and also believe trump as their lord and savior. not sure how they are better in this regard.

Rudy Giuliani wanted a bombshell story to change the polling ahead of an election, and kept all the details and ways that the media could have gotten comfortable with the story away from everyone except the lowest bidder on credibility that ended up being the NY Post. Just because other newspapers ran more details on the story later seems to more or less be a fuck up by Trump’s team in wanting to control the story as much as possible early on rather than let the media do their thing.

But do please carry on with the myth that the media was passing up on an opportunity for clicks and readers to help out Joe Biden.

Especially the programs that are labeled as entertainment rather than news.

You forgot to mention the FBI had a conversation with Zuckerberg about the laptop story.

well then maybe I should go back to #BOTHSIDES

Trump was in charge of the FBI at the time, right?

Wow I knew ranger was far right but didn’t realize he was full QANON

This is slightly inaccurate btw. Zuckerberg told Rogan: “The background here is that the FBI came to us - some folks on our team - and was like ‘hey, just so you know, you should be on high alert. We thought there was a lot of Russian propaganda in the 2016 election, we have it on notice that basically there’s about to be some kind of dump that’s similar to that’.”

He said the FBI did not warn Facebook about the Biden story in particular - only that Facebook thought it “fit that pattern”.

It’s probably worth having a separate thread (unrelated to distrusting the actual News) about whether the FBI ought to give that sort of tip, and what Zuckerberg ought to do with it. Social Media is a tough nut to crack, imo.

It’s is not the same as the actual news, which at least has purported standards, journalists, corrections, reputations, etc. Social media is literally a rumor mill.

Glass break sensors don’t have to be on every window, they (at least some) actually use audio, per my alarm company friend. We have a system, but generally don’t go to the trouble of arming perimeter when at home. Newer systems make it easier, generally a phone app or something, but you still have to want to do it.

It is a shame that the Pelosi’s have to think about home security, but I certainly would if I were in their position.

Oh, and after 4 years of random leaks from the White House, some of which were published without meeting the standard of independently verified with multiple sources, that Trump constantly assaulted (and for good reason), the media had raised standards on what it would publish, so when a later breaking story pops up before the 2020 election that fails the standards that Trump himself pushed, the media did not immediately run with it.

There are just layers of irony and stupidity with crying over the Hunter Biden laptop. It is really hard to take someone seriously once they let you know they are on board with that nonsense.

1 Like

I read the actual arrest warrant and it mentioned the police had body cam footage that showed DePappe wielding the hammer. Here is a link to the arrest warrant. https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1548106/download

2 Likes

I can see we need a thread about “What news sources to you trust?”

I’ve said before that I think the biggest problem in US politics right now is that it is convenient (even pushed) for people to pick their news sources, and they often pick to confirm their biases.

It’s impossible to have rational conversations without some common facts.

1 Like

We have an old fashioned digital clock radio on a nightstand. My wife uses the clock because she can read it without her glasses.

She has switched to a little digital “travel alarm” for the the alarm function. Her alarm wakes me up.

Here you go to update your account, from the official court filing of facts.

DEPAPE stated that he broke into the house through a glass door

When officers removed DEPAPE from Pelosi’s residence, police body worn camera footage showed a glass door that appeared to be laminated glass, broken near the door handle

On October 28, 2022, at 2:23 a.m., San Francisco Dispatch received a 9-1-1 call
from Paul Pelosi (“Pelosi”) located at the Pelosi residence in San Francisco, California. Pelosi stated words to the effect of there is a male in the home and that the male is going to wait for Pelosi’s wife. Pelosi further conveyed that he does not know who the male is. The male said his name is David.
At 2:31 a.m., San Francisco Police Department (“SFPD”) Officer Colby Wilmes
responded to the Pelosi residence

Depape’s account:

DEPAPE stated that they went downstairs to the front door. The police arrived
and knocked on the door, and Pelosi ran over and opened it. Pelosi grabbed onto
DEPAPE’s hammer, which was in DEPAPE’s hand. At this point in the
interview, DEPAPE repeated that DEPAPE did not plan to surrender and that he
would go “through” Pelosi.
DEPAPE stated that he pulled the hammer away from Pelosi and swung the
hammer towards Pelosi. DEPAPE explained that Pelosi’s actions resulted in
Pelosi “taking the punishment instead.”

Officer’s account:
Officer Colby Wilmes
responded to the Pelosi residence, California and knocked on the front door. When the door was opened, Pelosi and DEPAPE were both holding a hammer with one hand and DEPAPE had his other hand holding onto Pelosi’s forearm. Pelosi greeted the officers. The officers asked them what was going on. DEPAPE responded that everything was good. Officers then asked Pelosi and DEPAPE to drop the hammer
DEPAPE pulled the hammer from Pelosi’s hand and swung the hammer, striking
Pelosi in the head. Officers immediately went inside and were able to restrain DEPAPE. While officers were restraining DEPAPE, Pelosi appeared to be unconscious on the ground.

2 Likes

One of our own posters openly fantasizes about picking off conservative Supreme Court justices, and there was an actual assassination attempt on Brett Kavanaugh.

1 Like

Thanks for that update. What a bizarre story.