Asian American Thread

https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/hygiene/fast_facts.html

Granted - doesn’t say anything specifically about “after using the bathroom”…

But to be fair, you are unlikely to catch anything from yourself. You get sick from OTHER PEOPLE not washing their hands, not from failing to wash your own hands after using the restroom.

(You can also get sick from failing to wash your own hands before you eat.)

Did you just pee onto the platform? The homeless guys in my station used to pee onto the tracks, up at the very far end of the platform.

My station had a guy sleeping in every bench at night. They’d give the light bulbs half a twist to turn them off so it wasn’t bright. In the morning, a police officer would come by and twist the bulbs back on, and give a poke to anyone who didn’t get up when he did that.

Yes, I saw that often.

1 Like

I think I peed at the very end of the platform, on the platform, next to the tracks. I was trying to avoid getting seen or noticed. I thought peeing down into the tracks would be loud and would draw more attention to me.

A friend was with me, not sure if there were many people around at that hour.

Yeah, installation of the first bidet seat was fairly trivial and only took a few minutes. Fasten the seat to the toilet, disconnect the water hose from the toilet, attach a splitter they provide (so water is sent to both toilet and the seat then), plug it in, make sure it doesn’t leak.

The second one was difficult only because of the lack of an outlet near the toilet.

I give the Toto two thumbs up. The only issue I’ve had was with the remote that our model came with. The button to raise and lower the seat is on the end of the remote and 1) you generally need to press it pretty straight on for it to work 2) that button is pretty flimsy and we’ve had one break (but Toto sent us a replacement). Great for women, a little less great for men.

Oh, and it has one design deficiency imo. The bowl has a light that’s pretty cool at night, so you don’t have to turn on the bathroom light. EXCEPT, the light goes off a couple seconds after you raise the seat - just when a man would most need it. Again, great for women, a big night-time annoyance for men.

I have a picanha in the fridge right now. It will be my smoking/grilling project either this Friday or next week

2 Likes

I didn’t get the seat-opener. My husband had no interest in that. And the light doesn’t work for women, either. I forget what the problem was, but it wasn’t useful, so I turned that feature off.

When you start being afraid of germs, then they win.

1 Like

I have one of those. Purchased the special seat and installed it myself. Super worth it. I never considered it Asian though. My understanding is most of Europe uses them and when I was in Argentina they were all over the place, even in poorer homes.

I guess the efficiency of not having both a toilet and a bidet is what makes an all in one toilet/bidet Asian?

I was just thinking about this last night. The reason my wife picked the seat was not the remote. It was because she claimed it had a higher weight limit, as we have a fat person visit the house quite often and my wife was concerned about damage. I’ve not checked to verify.

The seat has held up so far, but the toilet itself literally has cracks in it now and has moved to the top of my to do list.

Oh, that sucks. Good luck with that.

Recently got a Tushy, great purchase.

Also, someone mentioned above that people don’t really spit in America. I don’t spit much but when I’m out running, I definitely do. My throat can get phlegmy and I often spit it out. I don’t go out of my way to spit on the sidewalk, but if it happens, whatever.

I’m the same. I try to spit off to the side, if possible and make sure I’m not within spitting distance of anyone when I do it.

1 Like

I spit on your grave…is a very disturbing movie

Leno apologizes for slurring Asian Americans during his career.

making fun of asians has always been fair game for american comedy.

times are changing

1 Like

used to be making fun of blacks was fair game too. times change indeed