Are you scared of nuclear war/death?

You ever think about the storage operation a place like this needs?

3 Likes
  1. Front for the mob, I’m guessing.
  2. Rents are cheap?
  3. “Oh shit I bought this candle franchise, and I’ll lose more money closing now ('cause still gotta pay the rent) than closing when the lease expires.”
1 Like

something something “…ol’ factory…” something something.

Honestly? I’m more scared of surviving and living thru what’s next. Take me now.

parking, that’s where the moneys at

1 Like

yup, we’re talking cannibalism level hardship

Parking is where the money is. Can you imagine what this place pulls in on parking alone?

3 Likes

girl candles are like $30 for like a shot glass size

R.E.M. - It’s The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) - YouTube

I’m pretty sure that most people living in the Po would know how to adapt.

I was thinking about things like Nuclear Winter. Even fairly minor wars and natural disasters can cause massive famines. Any nuclear war would be greater than all of that.

The AO once had a thread on “what would happen if everyone was magically transported back in time 5000 years”. It started with some really cute thoughts about boyscout skills, and where you would go and what you would do.

But it was pretty quickly pointed out that ~99% of people would quickly starve if it weren’t for industrial agriculture. And that by far the best skill to have in the apocalypse would be the willingness to join a tribe that will kill and eat other people.

Obviously a nuclear scenario would be different, but I think it would be similarly grim. The vast majority of people rely heavily on civilization functioning everyday, and without it they’re likely to use war instead.

1 Like

5000 years of civilization wiped out by one flawed human. It’s a divine comedy

1 Like

I mean I am not wanting to die, but I am ready.

If we didn’t laugh we’d cry right.

1 Like

I was thinking about this thread at the Ash Wednesday service yesterday. The pastor was talking about getting in touch with our own mortality, and to remember that our time on earth is temporary.

So about all I can say is that I hope that my death is not a prolonged and painful one. If it comes tomorrow or in 70 years, hopefully it’s not a long and drawn out ordeal and not too painful for the loved ones who outlive me.

If we all died in a nuclear Holocaust tomorrow then we’d be together in heaven without all of our current problems. So that actually sounds kind of good.

Not good as in I’m hoping for it, mind you. I’d prefer that God’s creation not get destroyed. But good for me, personally.

2 Likes

Always have a lethal dose of euphoric something by your bedside just in case things head towards to long torturous road.

I truly envy your certainty

1 Like

Build your own bomb scenario here: NUKEMAP by Alex Wellerstein

I’m disappointed we didn’t get zombies with the pandemic.

We had better get glow-in-the-dark zombies if the ICBMs fly.

Well, I’m also certain, but I’m certain we die dead. So I’m hoping to live a bit longer.

Someone, trying to comfort my sister upon the death of our mother, said, “at least your parents are together, again”. She didn’t say it out loud, but thought, “well, they will both be really surprised if that happens!”

Eh, she’s wrong a lot, too.