Are you scared of nuclear war/death?

actually I was in freshman year of college and it had no impact on me. parents were still supporting me then and they didn’t seem to make a fuss about it

I actually made like 500k from this so can’t say I’m pissed.

Id feel better about this hypothesis if I knew more real life examples of armies saying “wait, are you serious? that’s bat shit. I’m not going to murder all those millions of people.”

And, if he’s not?

sounds like he’s not

I’m not scared exactly, but it does make me think/feel less for people dying.

Like, who even cares about a hundred thousand people dying, when the real stakes are a thousand times that.

The greatest wars and plagues are just pennies on the dollar.

anyone else see the resemblance with russia and the alt-right?

entitled, left-behind, isolated, and pissed

Nuclear war could make housing affordable again.

2 Likes

but the cost of water will go through the roof

No problem, just run the headline ‘millennials are killing the water industry.’

1 Like

I will not be wandering the earth trying to survive

Summary of Damages and Injuries | The Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki | Historical Documents | atomicarchive.com

During military NBC* training, upon seeing the “flash” of the nuclear detonation, we’re to drop immediately to a prone position with our heads toward the flash and wait for about 3 minutes (for the shockwave to come and pass–if was coming). It was only after this that we were to “recover” and assume the appropriate NBC posture (putting on our gear).

So for most people, the greater danger was from the physical explosion/shockwave. Unless you’re “close” to ground zero, radiation isn’t a major health factor.

So people in the 'Po are safe.

*Nuclear/Biological/Chemical . . . not the American TV station. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not likely; too little benefit for that type of strike given that “supply centers” will have a high degree of redundancy within the US.

Now, if there were missile silos nearby . . .

Or communication center . . .

2 Likes

In 1961, Russia tested a bomb that destroyed every brick building in a village located 30 miles from the ground zero.

The heat of the explosion would have caused 3rd degree burns for 60 miles.

AFAIK, their warheads are somewhat smaller than that now. But they have thousands of them, and they are difficult if not impossible to stop.

Maybe very far in the Po’ But there’s at least a decent chance that a nuclear war would cause the end of the world in other ways.

1 Like

That is the ending of the “The Three Little Communist Pigs” story?

Asking for comrade.

2 Likes

I guess houses made of Straw and Wood didn’t fair any better

2 Likes

Russia can literally just detonate all the nukes they have IN Russia and earth would be extinct

2 Likes

scared? no. think it would suck - yes.

live near a city in flyover country near the largest mall.

TAN:
How is that mall doing?
Many malls around me were closing up before pandemic.

there is no stopping that mall. growing and expanding I think. more stores than normal swapping over the last couple of years. I mean, they’re selling only candles and their making overhead?

4 Likes