Are you guys still getting haircuts

I didn’t get a haircut right before my own wedding, but all my pictures now indicate that I definitely should have.

2 Likes

Pictures lie. I look fat and frumpy in all my wedding photos and obviously that can’t be reality.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen any of the pictures, but I know my wife seems to manage to perceive every picture of herself as fat and frumpy and I’m always like :face_with_monocle:

That’s meant to be some sort of raised eyebrow

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: got it!

1 Like

Whaddya mean “still”?

I haven’t gotten my hair cut in over a decade

1 Like

Same. I’m getting fewer haircuts, and I get them when covid isn’t raging, seemed/seems like a decent balance I guess.

What an echo chamber this place is! Reading this thread you’d think all salons have declared bankruptcy!

2 Likes

My barber actually fell on some hard times. Told me he had to sell his vehicles.

The hair salon in back of my house closed up and is now an optician shop.

I have been tipping double what I’d normally tip, fwiw. And no, it’s not a ‘twice zero is still zero’ thing, lol.

where I go, I pay by CC. The machine has a enter button with a circle in the middle. There seems to be a natural tendency to see it as a zero, so a lot of people have tipped 5 cents by accident.

I have done it at least twice, so I hand over a $5 bill

My last haircut was in July when my hat wouldn’t fit well. My next will probably be in March when softball season starts again because my hat won’t fit well.

Must be nice being straight. If I don’t cut my hair every two weeks I get severe depression

You should’ve had those pics taken in front of a Starbucks getting remodeled.

Or so I’ve heard.

1 Like

The only reason I’m not getting a haircut on my usual schedule is if the place is closed (by the gov’t) or my usual preferred cutters aren’t available (I’m a bit picky in this regard).

I’m healthy enough that I’m not worried about catching something (this possibility was very true even before the pandemic). And if I’m not well, I take measures to not share it (so, the pandemic hasn’t really changed me all that much in that regard).

Started resuming haircuts every 3-4 months as well as bleaching/dying my own hair. Started getting weird with it during pandemic.

1 Like

I was going to say something similar! Though I am on reduced haircut status like many others here.

There is a significant portion (majority?) of the US population that would read this thread and say WTF!

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

Two weeks I have it done about every 3-4 months and I have short(ish) hair

#privilege

For the first 15 months of the pandemic, my wife and I relied on cutting each other’s hair.

Post-vaccination, we decided that the risk from getting a professional haircut was preferable to the risks to our marriage caused by amateur haircuts.

I generally only get haircuts “when necessary”. That necessity was usually driven by my monthly trips into the office pre-pandemic (I was WFH before it became popular). Since I’m still waiting for the all-clear to resume trekking into the office, my haircuts are less frequent than in the Before Times, triggered by the random family obligation outing.

1 Like

you probably have those extremely thin white people hair