Any updates from CAS on future sittings?

it looks like they just changed it to not offer 7 and 9 in fall 2021

I’m seeing this:

Oh no, yes I see that too now they’ve just changed it.

Uggghhh they changed it.

There’s no way they are grading papers as they come in.

1 Like

I thought they worked in increments of 6-8 weeks? :wink:

Since they’re not releasing Exams anymore, the questions on the recent sitting would be eligible for “reuse”. My guess is that some of the calculations problems will be rehashed with a different set of numbers.

They used to work on a celestial calendar. Progress.

It would be great if they offer 7 and 9 twice a year also…

I’m guessing they’re headed that way; they’re just not ready to implement this by Fall 2021.

I’m disappointed (but not too surprised) 7 & 9 won’t be offered next fall. I was hoping if I don’t pass 8 this time, I can take it again when it’s fresh in my mind in Spring 2021, and hopefully take 9 Fall 2021. I guess I really really need to pass 8 this time, otherwise I face a tough choice between 8 and 9 (and maybe even 7 lol) next spring.

when is the guesstimate of when we will find out? I say mid to end of February.

That was changed.

I think end of January is a safe bet actually. It will definitely be before end of February.

I agree with late January. When we had Halloween exams, results were out before Christmas. We are basically only 5 weeks delayed from that. Hopefully the bulk of their graders aren’t involved in year-end reporting.

If the window is extended to 12/31 they might not start until after the new year with grading. Maybe they start now before the last few exams that got the extension…

I think they wrote Q1 because they don’t want expectations to be end of January, IMO. Q1 almost sounds like February/March.

Possibly, but I’m guessing that the number of exams being sat after tomorrow is less than 5% of the total. It makes more sense to me that they would just toss those in at the end of the line.

That makes too much sense.

You are probably right.

“Fall exam results are expected to be released during Q1 2021, and CAS is making every effort to release results as soon as possible.”

I was hoping for some sort of update today from the CAS about expected grading timelines, but maybe I was being too optimistic…

2 Likes