Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

I think you have to be a millionaire to hook up with that.

2 Likes

Our check engine light came on.

2 Likes

Two cars, one shop?

3 Likes

Left handed toilets - the flush handle and the tp roll.

My muscles/body ain’t used to you! Like, at all!

I’m about 200-250 hours deep into a bath remodel. It’s been a journey and I haven’t started swinging a hammer yet. On Tuesday my wife says that not having a toilet closet is a deal breaker, despite having seen the plans dozens of times over the past four months I’ve been sketching it all out. I submitted plans to the city on Monday for permits. The room is 7’x12’, which is tight, and a toilet closet takes up a lot of room.

I am currently done with the project, and I’ll need a day or two to figure out if I’m done temporarily, or just plain done with the whole thing.

1 Like

I think someone else has mentioned this…not gon’ look for it…

When a meeting ends early and the organizer says something along the lines of “give you your time back”…I don’t know why, but that phrase annoys me.

3 Likes

I work with a guy who does this every single meeting. Even if we are only ending two minutes early. It’s so irritating.

1 Like

Seriously considering scrapping the whole bath remodel. Making the changes my wife requested means changing the layout, changing the electrical schematic, and I’d need to buy new bath fans, light switches, more oak lumber, and figuring out a pocket door. Normally a pocket door isn’t a huge deal, but I suspect to match everything else I’d need to find an antique door, and spend days and days refinishing that.

So I can proceed with the plans we have, and my wife won’t be happy. Or I can try to make all of these changes, and I’m kind of at my limit here in terms of time, patience, and the budget creep is massive. So I won’t be happy if I have to make changes this late in the game. So, if it’s a game that I can’t win, not super interested in playing.

4 Likes

You’re already this deep in the game, you know the answer. Do it, do it right, spare no expense or labour.

It’s one and done, then you get go enjoy it.And the bathroom is absolutely a space to spend some time and money doing it right.

I didn’t expect my motorcycle basic riding class to make my entire body ache! My left hand is cramping from holding the clutch most of the morning (4.5 hours of class time, at least it didn’t go the full 6). My hips are super sore. My shoulders aren’t feeling great, either. Back to it tomorrow; at least I didn’t drop the bike or crash.

It’s a Honda Rebel 250, I think, has a nice retro feel. I don’t think I’ll be going out to buy one after this class, though, as cute as it is. Motorcycle riding is not coming naturally to me.

1 Like

All right! The Rebel is a great bike to learn on - light weight, low seat, relaxed geometry. I can see some soreness, you’re probably doing a lot of low speed work where you have to throw the bike around.

1 Like

Argh!!! Sectional was supposed to be delivered today between 12:30 - 2:30.

I had a thing from 11:30 - 12:00 and another thing from 3:00 - 6:00 so 12:30 - 2:30 is perfect.

At 10:20 they call and say they’ll be here in an hour. I explained that was outside the delivery window and I wouldn’t be home and I needed them to come during the delivery window.

At 12:35 I got a notification that they’d be here at 12:44. I was literally sitting in the living room with the blinds open waiting for them to come. At 12:56 the doorbell rang. It was the Amazon delivery driver. (I’d ordered new tweezers.) He left the package on the stoop and I opened the door picked up the package was and waved to him.

Then I got a notification that I missed the Costco delivery window… they attempted to make a delivery at 12:56 and no one was home! That is the exact moment I was in my doorway retrieving the Amazon package!!!

They have a picture of the house. Which means that those MFers must have driven by at 11:20 when I was gone and taken the picture and then sat on it for an hour & a half and lied and said that we weren’t home.

:rage::rage::rage:

2 Likes

Do you think they are smart enough to fake the time stamp? Perhaps we can use solar geometry to show the shadows prove it wasn’t the right time.

Oh wait, it was Costco. You shouldn’t have much trouble when you explain what they did. You can even show them the Amazon delivery time. PITA, but I don’t think Costco will charge you.

They’re not charging me, but now they’re going to deliver when I’m supposed to be with a client. I’m self-employed so if I don’t work I don’t get paid. They’re offering me $50 for my inconvenience which is something, but won’t cover my lost income. If they call me when they’re 15 minutes out so I don’t have to just sit at the house then that’s helpful. Client is close. (Which they use to underpay me, but whatever… it works.)

They didn’t say anything about a time stamp.

BUT… when I mentioned that I was pretty sure what happened was that they came by at 11:20 and took the picture and then at 12:56 faked the missed delivery… suddenly the manager (yes, I demanded to speak with the manager) was a lot more accommodating. So possibly she could see the time stamp and realized that I was the truthful one, not the driver.

Yeah, they decided it was more convenient for them to swing by at 11:30, and to hell with what they’d promised you. That sucks.

1 Like

I have been coughing a lot (as opposed to coughing some) since August 4. I am really tired of coughing.

3 Likes

when I had this, after a week+ of OTC anti-coughing meds and (ab)using my rescue inhaler, I had to go get soemthing to treat what i thought was bronchitis. needed good antibiotics and a steroid. my allergist also thought something had triggered in me a more chronic version of asthma, and so I got a more serious asthma inhaler I now use 2x a day.

i did not officially test positive for covid, but something brought this out in me.

I’ve already been on a z-pack plus 5 days of prednisone. She also gave me the rescue inhaler which I’ve been using at least once a day. Using OTC Delsym plus a 12 hour Guafinesin twice a day.

(Eta: also flovent inhaler and flonase nasal spray.)

The only thing I can think to add is Sudafed. I don’t know if that’s ok to mix with albuterol though.

The fever, etc., is gone, no sign of infection. But this cough is wearing me out.

i forgot i got a script for some stronger anti-cough (targeted muscle relaxer?). it was just ok.

i ended up with the prednisone and antibitoic (after the zpac/anti cough combo failed) and then the allergist snuffed it all out with symbicort. I was hitting the albuterol too many times a day (based on web search) which indicates it wasn’t actually working as it should at curbing whatever I was dealing with.

it sucked. I’ve been fine now since the symbicort worked. but that worked after the prednisone and other antibotic did their thing to calm it down a lot. (I got 10 days of prednisone - there was a screwup at filling the script and so insurance wouldn’t pay for the correction but I paid like $12 cash and ended up with extra tablets of it.)

1 Like

I am not used to this stuff. I was told a few years ago, “This may be a cough variant asthma,” but not given much help or advice. The Flovent has been keeping it at bay but my PCP said I could use it as needed.

Then at the Urgent Care the PA told me that’s not how Flovent works and I should be taking it every day.

Currently sitting next to my diffuser which is loaded with a lot more oils than I typically use, and hoping that will help.

Thankfully I’m still off this morning bc my daughter had surgery. (She’s fine.) so I’m gonna sit here until her meds are ready and then hopefully I can work after I pick them up.