Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

you know what’s annoying? when someone you broke up with 4 years ago sends you a text message with a video of you from yet another new number that you have to block. this seems to happen about once a year. It’s like, come on, i’m not that special that you can’t just let it go.

6 Likes

Is this a recently recorded video?

1 Like

Want me to talk to her for you?

1 Like

No, thankfully. A recently recorded video would probably be instigate reinstating the Protective Order. It was from >4 years ago. Small victories, right?

1 Like

Refresh my memory; did you have Covid in the last few months?

In my case the z-pack helped but not enough. I had two respiratory infections at the same time. After two z-packs in like 4 weeks, I went on a much stronger antibiotic and that helped quite a lot.

It was Urgent Care that (reluctantly) tested me for the respiratory infections. They called it a “respiratory panel”. Throat swab and then they sent it to be incubated and got the results two days later IIRC. I wasn’t taken very seriously before getting those results.

Obviously your experience may well be different from mine.

I had Covid almost 2 years ago.

Except for a cold last November, which also resulted in a cough that wouldn’t quit (but not as severe), I haven’t been sick until now. And other than Covid, I haven’t been this sick for this long in years, maybe decades. When I do get sick enough to take off work I usually kick it in a few days.

1 Like

I know someone who had a horrible cough recently that resulted in losing their voice and they were sick for 5 weeks. Said it was the sickest they have ever been with a supposed “cold”. Also tested negative for covid several times, so it was likely some crazy non-covid virus turned into bacterial infection. Sounds similar to what you have.

I was kind of disbelieving that they could have something this bad in the respiratory realm that wasn’t covid, but they tested negative too many times for it to be covid.

If the z-pack doesn’t do the trick ask for a respiratory panel. My theory is that Covid weakened my ability to fight off other crap.

Being on the strong antibiotic SUCKED, but I feel better than I have in months.

I’m not running a fever any more so I kind of doubt my dr will do anything further. Last week they pretty much told me to use my inhaler and not call unless my pulse ox was below 90.

Geez. If it persists you could go to Urgent Care and ask for a respiratory panel. Regardless of how it shakes out I hope you feel better soon.

Yeah, I will do something if it persists.

1 Like

Now my internet is out. I was actually gonna work a full day. Sheesh!

1 Like

And now the technician has missed the window when he was supposed to be here. And I need to pick up a prescription for my daughter. And now I will have to take a day off for them to come bc school is starting and my husband will be working.

2 Likes

Don’t they deliver?

None of the pharmacies where I live do. :woman_shrugging:

I feel like there may be delivery? I’m not sure about it. The drive thru is open all night except for a 30 minute lunch break in the wee hours.

I’m trying to log in to a Teams meeting, but I can only get audio. So I get the bright idea to reboot my laptop: 20 fluffin’ minutes while it updated some MS :ox: :poop:!!! Caught the last hour, so it wasn’t a total waste.

had a client insisting on webex. (ranked last in all rankings of web-based video meetings, I know.)

for a month my video had me pixelated, like I was a mob informant giving an interview on 60 minutes. Couldn’t figure it out. it sort of fixed itself I guess. but was 'fun" while it lasted.

How long are your meetings?!

4 Likes

I had the worst headache of my life yesterday, like my sinuses were being pumped full of cotton relentlessly. It was so bad I broke down and took some strong pain meds. For comparison, I get headaches pretty much daily and rarely take anything at all; I’m used to the pain. This was next level.

Today I’m still feeling a little run down, so I’m going to take a little post-work nap. Or more like a mid-work nap I guess, I have to log on tonight and finish up some things. Drat.