Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

I’m trying to deposit cash at an ATM machine, but it rejected one of my bills and put up a message on the LCD display. When I enter my PIN number, I expect 100% customer service!!! :angry: :judge:

4 Likes

I have never deposited cash at an ATM

Hopefully just the ones purporting to be married (or in domestic partnerships if applicable) as there’s no reason to audit someone not covering another adult unless you seriously think they’re faking their kids.

If they have Employee Only coverage and are being audited that’s next level dumb.

How … logical!

1 Like

I got a smoked salmon bagel at a local joint. When I bit into it, there was a strange texture, which I thought was some sort of vegetable skin: it was a small piece of wax paper. I of course removed the wax paper and chowed down on the bagel. I took it back to the joint, politely pointed it out and just asked them to be more careful next time. Woulda been nice if they offered me a plain bagel or something… not gonna go back any time soon.

2 Likes

where is the pet perve thread

3 Likes

:shake:

Also, ninja’d!

I’m annoyed that you only called Breadmaker out on one of his redundancies, when he was clearly trolling by including 3

4 Likes

Go call out more of my excess redundancies.

2 Likes

:oops: I the first one snagged my attention.

1 Like

I have been doing it a lot recently. Just did it today, actually! Foster son’s dad gives him or us money sometimes and based on his situation, I would not at all be surprised if he gave us counterfeit bills at some point, so I always deposit them to make sure. In the last week, we have gotten 3 $100 bills from him.

How much difference would it make? Is the assumption you could be convicted of a crime if you spent it but not if you deposited it?

1 Like

now i wonder if it was meant to be funny

2 Likes

I have always assumed if it was counterfeit it wouldn’t accept it at all at the atm. Maybe that’s not true. Nothing to do with being arrested, I just don’t want the embarrassment of a human interaction. Also, I don’t assume most places accept hundreds anyway. Maybe that’s also wrong.

Most places do, but some tiny places might not have enough change in the till.

I’m almost positive your grocery store would accept them, and with feeding a family I’d imagine you’d easily burn through the cash that way and can save yourself a trip to the ATM.

1 Like

We have been planning to decorate Christmas cookies tonight at my sister’s house. She is not the one with Covid. The one who has Covid is of course skipping. My other sister, who lives with the Covid sister, said she was coming.

So I asked her, “isn’t it very possible you have Covid too?” And she responded with, “…I mean I guess.”

And I said I wasn’t telling her she can’t come, it isn’t my house anyway, just making an observation.

And she responded with, “Well you’re going to think I’m sick because I have some very bad allergies at the moment and I don’t want to be judged lol.”

I asked her how long she has had these allergies, because she wasn’t sniffling or anything when I saw her two days ago. She said it came on pretty suddenly.

In December, where it’s cold. With no other changes in her environment.

Yeah, she definitely has Covid and is in complete denial about it.

7 Likes

i think I had Covid 2 weeks ago just after I got my flu shot. i think that because I was somewhat sick for 2 days, and since then it seems like my sense of smell has been significantly diminished. that’s a thing, right?

3 Likes

So did you go to decorate cookies with Typhoid Covid Mary anyway?

3 Likes

It’s not that big of a deal if you end up taking to the Secret Service over a counterfeit bill. Kind of. Just know they have NO sense of humor about it.

3 Likes

Nah, she decided to stay home when it became obvious that everyone else in the group thought she had Covid. She has tests but won’t take one, insisting she knows “what allergies feel like.”

4 Likes