Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

T

:iatp:

@Echo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> @Twig93 :-1: Go study. :angry:

This is my favorite type of Cadbury chocolate -

Etiquette question here, is this a “dog dare”? Wouldn’t want to jump a level.

1 Like

Klaymen: Here is our filing
CA DOI: Can we waive the 2-month deemer notice and take longer to review it.
Klaymen: OK I guess.

TWO YEARS LATER
CA DOI: Your filing is approved (hasn’t actually happened yet). You have 90 days to implement.
Klaymen: Can I have a bit more time?
CA DOI: …

1 Like

Just because something is tasty doesn’t mean it can’t be evil. :dog:

1 Like

Well, NA just showed that this year truly is dragging.

4 Likes

:nauseated_face:

1 Like

:iatp:

I didn’t notice the dog pooped outside of her established poop zone until I stepped in it.

4 Likes

No Caustceau chikkinz and bad things happened to you??? :thinking:

But of course correlation does not imply causation. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

In NJ they have people to pump the gas for me.

3 Likes

Yeah I used to live in Oregon. Those guys don’t work for free, you know! (And spare me the “but gas is still cheaper here than in the next state over” argument. That’s because the gas tax is less. Instead of being happy that gas is 20 cents less you should be pissed that it’s not 50 cents less. Those might not be the right numbers but something like that.)

Also, I’ve had the “trained professionals” that the law requires spill gasoline all over my car because they are too dumb to not press the lever until after the nozzle is in the tank!

1 Like

I sliced the tip of my thumb last week and it still hurts.

4 Likes

Our sump pump failed sometime last night or this morning. It only comes on during torrential rains, which we had last night. Didn’t notice a problem until the furnace was smelling a little funky when it came on downstairs, similarly to the smell when you turn it on for the first time for the season. Went down to find the furnace sitting in a few inches of water.

Good news is that it was still running before I shut it off. I did some bailing so it’s all dry now. Hopefully the furnace is fine and I just need a new sump pump. Will deal with that tomorrow.

5 Likes

You know when a good time to clean the eacestroughs is? When it’s pitch black, pouring rain, and they’re full of ice and waters pouring down the foundation and my son has scattered all my tools across Hells half acres.

6 Likes

bonus points, doing some software testing with sms texts. Ran upstairs to get my phone. Ran downstairs back to the office, because who has time to walk, right? right on a dog toy, ass over teakettle on the ground and ankle went sideways. annoyed doesn’t begin to cover it.
I’m getting over it now, I imagine it was quite a sight to see me go flying through the air already half grumpy and then that on top of it lol.
Imma make a coffee and scan a book.

5 Likes

People on the internet (present company excluded) suck.

2 Likes

Dang! I wasn’t on the internet when you typed that.

3 Likes

Dammit!

Actuary.ca domain just dropped today. The weird system .ca’s use to register them once they are dropped meant I didn’t actually get it. Someone else, not DW, and not me, now owns it.

3 Likes

Well the furnace was not fine. The bright side of this problem happening is that we discovered that the heat exchanger had a large crack in it. The furnace was an unknown major carbon monoxide risk before this mishap. It’s 15 years old, so replacing the heat exchanger and other water damaged parts isn’t worth the money. So I get the fun of a new HVAC system after having the fun of replacing the upstairs system in 2022.

This is also a good time to replace a system as they aren’t busy.

The plumber is coming later today to look at the sump pump.

2 Likes