Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

Target-brand cinnamon sugar, or Target-brand sugar?

Yes

3 Likes

This day is just dragging.

3 Likes

Lucky you didn’t say “year” instead - that would make it a long year. That might not be such a bad thing.

3 Likes

Yeah I feel like this is one combo where I always have the components on hand and could more easily make my own. But maybe I just don’t know what I’m missing out on.

1 Like

You’re not missing out.

I’ve never had stuff purchased as cinnamon sugar. My mom mixed cinnamon and sugar, and when i want that effect, that’s what i do. I have no idea what you might be missing out on, either.

2 Likes

Yes you can get cinnamon sugar pre-mixed. I guess there’s something about mixing it yourself, because then you can choose the appropriate cinnamon-to-sugar ratio, even if you then have to thoroughly mix it to make sure it’s consistent.

This probably should have its own thread, because it’s about a best friend who’s still being intentionally miserable almost 3 years after his wife decided she was done with their marriage, but …

If you don’t want to parent your kids, say so. If you don’t want them to move back into your house, say so. If you want to be selfish with “your time” and not watch your grandkids for any amount of time because you’re pissed at your kids because you think they’re fuck-ups, say so. Don’t do all of those things, then bitch about how it’s intruding of your time and your space and it makes you fucking miserable but you deserve it because your wife bailed out on everyone 3 years ago.

1 Like

So, during COVID?

I have really strong nostalgia of making snickerdoodles with my mom when I was a kid; I can still smell the cinnamon sugar mix we’d make, and I remember vividly the taste of licking my fingers after we were done. It was a good balance of sugar and cinnamon, and I’m pretty sure there were no precise measurements, we just mixed until it tasted right. I’m sure a store-bought mix wouldn’t be quite right!

3 Likes

I’ve never made snickerdoodles. That wasn’t in my mother’s repertoire, and i never even had one until i was an adult. But they are delicious. Maybe i should make them sometime. I imagine it’s reasonably straightforward.

2 Likes

I think so. They’d had issues for a while, but they never talked about it because … they didn’t. If you ignore there’s a problem and never talk about it, then it doesn’t exist and everything is fine. And at some point, she was unhappy to the point she decided she wanted out - and since she wanted out she assumed he wanted out too.

And there’s a lot of stuff underneath that that’s probably more suited for the Lounge, but the crux of it is that he didn’t care about being a parent. He just cared about her being around. And when she decided she wanted out, he decided to go full pessimist and hate most everything.

I like the name “snickerdoodle” more than I actually like snickerdoodles. I’m always disappointed that they aren’t filled with caramel like a snickers is.

1 Like

My Finance department continues to find new and innovative ways to tweak our revenue numbers. So I am, yet again, trying to explain why the math they applied is wrong. They could have just, you know, asked me.

6 Likes

I don’t measure it either. I go by color.

1 Like

I have a recipe that makes snickerdoodle-like dough, then you wrap that around a mini Snickers and bake. They’re soooooo good when i don’t overcook them!!!

5 Likes

When I first heard of them, I was afraid they would be some overly-sweet, gooey, caramel thing. And I was delighted by what they actually are. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m annoyed by any disparaging comments about snickerdoodles.

4 Likes

Go disparage rai-SINS to you heart’s content. :+1:

2 Likes