Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

I’ve had to water the front lawn every ****in’ day for the last 2-3 weeks and now we finally get some rain!!! :roll_eyes:

Hmmm, we’re going to a theme party on Sunday and I ordered us some t-shirts to fit with the theme, due to arrive Saturday. It’d be a bummer if they didn’t arrive until after the party.

But my last communication was that one was coming early (today) and the other on time. Fingers crossed!

Hope you get your stuff before you absolutely need it.

We’re conveniently under a water shortage due to repairs at the water plant in my county. Lawn watering has been prohibited!

Shame!
–Lincoln Electric

2 Likes

The current package I am waiting on was supposed to arrive by today. It left a Fedex distribution center in CA at 12:15AM on Monday and hasn’t been seen since. No scans anywhere, delivery date unknown.

More of a sad thought. We had a duck nesting in our garden, laid 9 eggs. This morning the female is dead on the road, hit by a predator.
Junior is currently working out an incubator setup, though we will have to figure out what to do if the eggs hatch.

5 Likes

My latest set of Invisalign trays isn’t tracking and I need to wear them longer and if they still aren’t tracking will need to go in and have a bunch more scans done. Blah. Today was going to be the halfway point of my first round otherwise.

The restaurant offerings at MSP terminal 1 suck right now. Nearly everything is closed. :angry: I’m hangry!

Getting the DIY incubator up to temp now. That’ll last a month then I guess we decide what we re going to do when they hatch, if they hatch.

Yuuuuuuuuge :raccoon: went wandering across my neighbour’s driveway a few minutes ago!!!

I checked yesterday and the package made it to my state! It took exactly a week.

Bad news: now the Fedex website says "No record of this tracking number can be found "

Sometimes when I click on a link and then click done to return to GoA, it logs me out.

I once had a Chewy delivery yeeted at my front door (which has glass). Took me a moment to figure out what the SLAM, THUD was until I saw the delivery truck zooming away and the destroyed corner of the box. I sent a message to Customer Service complaining that their aerial delivery service needed work.

discord isn’t working. I HAVE VERY IMPORTANT THINGS TO SAY IN THERE!

Update: my shirt arrived about an hour after we got home from the party. That was pretty annoying. Also, I could see that it was in my city and not out for delivery so I asked if I could pick it up and it was a firm no, even after talking to the manager.

But Amazon has refunded me a portion of my Prime membership fee that exceeds the cost of my t-shirt, so it’s hard to be too mad. And apparently the theme was not well advertised so most people weren’t dressed up. So not too big of a deal. But still annoying because the shirt was supposed to arrive on Friday, not Sunday evening.

A recruiter, let’s call them Eleanor Penelton, murdered my resume and I just got to see it. Under one position they just added a bullet reading “Relevant duties”. Might explain why the job search hasn’t been fantastic.

Company editors murdered my (8 page) white paper, so I feel you. It reads like something I would have written in middleschool after researching the topic at the local library and having only 1 textbook to paraphrase from.

I’ve had a pain in my left shoulder for weeks now. I must have pulled or even torn a muscle. My doctor said he’d give me a referral for physio. :face_with_head_bandage:

You should see the other guy

So not your drinking shoulder?