Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

I don’t know what the **** I did to the arm. I could feel the muscle pulling as I put on a back pack or a jacket, but it just started to hurt for no apparent reason a few weeks ago. And it’s the left, non-drinking arm!! :+1:

Dec: we should set up a firewall.
Me: yeah sure go ahead.
Dev: it’s done. Only web stuff is accessible.
Me at 4pm on Friday: uh, did you leave the login accessable so we can work on the servers?
Dev: good point. Prolly should’ve done that.

I guess I’m driving to Toronto this weekend lol. I’m not annoyed at all, I’ve done way stupider stuff than that. One time I shut down a pc I was working just before I went to bed. Turned out I was on a terminal session on the server when I issued the power off command. Bit of a sinking feeling watching the websites blink offline. That was a drive to toronto immediately at 11pm.

3 Likes

Any update?

If only there were somebody on this board with experience with ducks… :thinking:

1 Like

According to junior, 5 eggs are still viable and because I opened up the lid for thirty seconds, 2 are not.
You can ‘candle’ them, shine a light through them. There’s a network of veins in them already. And a spot that I think is the heart. Once we can see the heart beating, I’ll post a video.
We are also almost cleared with the neighbours to keep them in the yard this summer. One more to ask, and he’ll be ok with it.

Yellow jackets have made a nest in my front yard. They are always a PITA to deal with.

Yellow jackets or paper wasps? Very different aggression levels despite looking the same. Last fall I had a nest of paper wasps entering my basement office through the foundation. Must have killed 50+ easily before calling the guy who solved it. But damn I thought they were yellow jackets

1 Like

I’ve read that you can kill the nest by covering the entrance with a clear glass bottle. If it’s an opaque cover, they will dig a new entrance. But they don’t know to do that if it’s transparent.

I don’t usually try to get rid of paper wasp nests. As you say, they are a lot less aggressive. I only remove them when they are IN my house – which does happen, as they seem to like building nests inside my windows. But even then, I don’t usually kill them, I just take the nest outside and let them cope.

These are definitely yellow jackets, as it’s a small hole in the ground to access an underground nest.

I had a bad paper wasp incident a few years back. I was trimming my hedges and did not know there was a baseball sized wasp nest inside the hedge. That’s the fastest I’ve moved in a long time! I think I only got 4 or 5 stings, but my hand swelled up pretty big for an hour or 2

Zyrtec isn’t cutting it enough anymore.

I’ve found that a combo of Zyrtec and Flonase works best for me. During the winter months when it’s really dry I sometimes switch out the Flonase for Nasonex or Flonase Sensimist.

A chipmunk keeps eating my flower blossoms. The flowers in the planter to the left of my front door look lovely, but the ones in the planter on the right are half eaten. I need to get some repellent.

someone is doing construction in my building right now. LOUD DRILLING LOUD!!! :angry:

I think I have a ‘think’ with computer parts. I seem to want to take the spare parts and build entire computers with them so that I’m ‘doing something’ with the parts. I’ve got a full mobo/processor/ram combination I pulled out of something else. And i’ve got two decent processors on the shelf. I keep shopping for cases/mobo’s etc to build them out into a full system. Why? No Idea, I certainly don’t need three more computers. I’ve got two computers plus a laptop in my office already.

Better now than at 9:30 PM when you are in bed

lol who the heck goes to bed at 9:30 PM? Am I 90?

Whoa there with the insults :older_man:

1 Like

Most nights, I get ready for bed at 9:30, in bed by 9:45. Watch a little TV. Lights out by 10:30 the latest.

I am not 90.

I always liked going to be early, even when I was a kid. In middle school I’d often be in bed by 9:30 and in HS by 10 if I wasn’t out somewhere.

I see no reason to be up any later, especially now, when any TV program I’d otherwise watch I can catch up with on demand.

In bed by 9:30, ready to sleep by 11:00 IYKWIM

1 Like