Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

As a coffee hater (we have been over this!) who drinks it for no discernible reason, I would rather buy my crappy coffee through an app than a person, so I default to Starbucks mostly for that reason. Dunkin has decent iced coffee so I do go there on occasion, but it’s not convenient for me presently.

1 Like

My preference is to get coffee from an independent place near me. Starbucks is like fast food. It isn’t what I really want but will get because I know what to expect.

2 Likes

Starbucks sometimes has Happy Hour. We should go!!! :party:

It just struck me & now I’m curious to know where you live if a warm/hot sunny summer day is “in the 70s”

I would almost suspect Canada, but then you’d have said “in the 20s.”

1 Like

Seattle used to be like that but I think with global warming they’re getting warmer.

Juneau maybe? I’d say Anchorage but I think most Alaska actuaries are in Juneau. I recall meeting an Alaskan actuarial student at an exam site who was bitching to no end that the only exam site in the state was in Juneau and they should have one in Anchorage. And the proctor explained that the exam sites existed where there existed actuaries to proctor the exams. And I guess the state insurance department must be in the capital, which makes sense.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Not the high but at the time of coffee ordering which pre-COVID was typically prior to 8:00am.

Good save :canada:

Annoyed thought: There is a show called “The Laundry Guy”

It’s not like a segment on the Today Show. Or a youtube channel. It’s a friggin’ show. An actual season. It’s on discovery+

How I feel about work today:

3 Likes

Annoyed thought: I got vaccinated too early. Now they are bribing people to get it. Sports or concert tickets. Lotteries.

1 Like

Our cleaning lady returned, and the house is now clean. But she threw away both the stopper to the kitchen sink and a little plastic thing that the pepper mill sits on. We had to dig through the trash to rescue them.

Woke up this morning to the water heater spewing water out all over the garage, so I get to deal with that today.

At least it’s in the garage and pretty easy to get to.

3 Likes

Weird to think of a water heater in the garage.
Our last house was rural so we had a water pump. They put it in the garage. Aaaaand it freezes the week I’m In the bush moose hunting. My so didn’t even understand the concept that you could turn on water and not have pressure.

We are in Arizona, so don’t have that problem…

My car and lotsa other stuff has been covered in pollen the last few days.

It was pretty common in Seattle and Portland where most people don’t have basements. :woman_shrugging:

Last month or so for me.

Got my car washed Saturday morning. By evening that day, there was already a fine pollen sheet on it…

My driveway is covered a quarter-inch deep with male oak flowers, each filled with pollen.

Gesundheit

It turns out that my cloth facemasks are really good for keeping out pollen. I wore one to mow the lawn, and I noticed two of my neighbors doing the same thing.

1 Like