Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

Is Jerkface the son of Grandpa? Is Jerkface the father of these four kids?

Yes and Yes and Jaspess 2 works with Jerkface’s ex, the mother of the kids.

1 Like

The sons she might be stepmom since they’re older. But all four are the progeny of Jerkface.

1 Like

Pretty sure the neighbor called the city to complain about the location where our sump pump hose drains, in retaliation for us calling the city when her sump pump hose (1) drained to our property, (2) caused damage to our property, (3) she knew it was an issue and refused to fix it, (4) we had proof we’d told her about 1-2 and she did 3 and then complained when we tried to alleviate the problem for her by [permissibly] running the hose to the street because “you’re damaging my property.”

Good news, though: (1) the inspector agreed our sump pump wasn’t causing an issue as was alleged in the complaint [there was nothing in the line and there was no visible damage on her side], and (2) when I happily redirected the hose to our yard, to an in-yard drain clearly more than 8 feet from the property line, he marked it as fixed and tore up the warning notice. I am pretty sure he took notice of her shitty yard and all the stuff growing in it, though; if that results in a notice for her, I’m going to :ctm:.

2 Likes

I like how you included a picture of Jerkface’s face in the first post.

1 Like

He does look like he has resting mean mug.

Allergies suck.

2 Likes

Zyrtec and flonase have been a major improvement in my life.

1 Like

Flonase was revolutionary.

2 Likes

Yeah, I use generic Flonase during peak allergy season. I usually don’t need anything at this time of year but my allergies were bugging me today.

Today I had to fix a problem that I myself created for like the 10th time.

Basically it comes down to the fact that I had a creative solution for a problem, but I failed in the implementation.

The annoying thing is that it’s not that hard to implement! (nor is it even that creative.)

But the mathing part of my brain has apparently decayed faster than the dreaming part of my brain. So my ideas, while clever in theory, never seem to actually come out right.

Which essentially has turned me into a pot-head… I occasionally have a far-out idea “whoa, what if we turned it all upside down and attached wheels to the thrusters?” and then everyone in the office says “that’s the dumbest thing ever”. Then I say “Just watch you fools!” But then I can’t actually do it, so it turns out it is the dumbest thing ever after all.

2 Likes

Cat: “I want to love on you, have you pet me, rub on you, be the center of your whole attention and everything while you work.”
Me: [puts box on the desk so the cat can sit in it so I can work without the cat sitting on my hands, or on the keyboard, or right in front of the monitor]
Cat: [sits in box twice, then gets out and looks right at me] “I want to love on you, have you pet me, rub on you, be the center of your whole attention and everything while you work.”

Sounds a bit like Mr Clippy.

bullet points should be a requirement from now on. maybe just for Jasper’s stories, but it sure wouldn’t fluffin’ hurt the rest of yinz to make it easier for us old farts to read!

When WFH it’s great when there’s a raccoon or other critter napping high up in the tree. Dog will spend hours supervising its activities.

3 Likes

The dog is also WFH.

2 Likes

@Echo: Go soopurvize teh :poop: outta teh baaaaad skwirlz!!!

I’m sure she’s of the opinion that it’s a miracle we survived without her deterring all the shifty people, animals, and birds about.

Stealing my vibe.

Not opinion, fact. You need me on that wall. :dog:

4 Likes