Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

yeah, socks is less disgusting than underwear.

I got some really bad athlete’s foot in high school, from not changing my socks often enough. I would probably change them once a day, but I wore socks 24/7, even when sleeping. I also ran cross country and track, so I should have let my feet air out a lot more than I did. I still like to sleep with socks on (husband thinks that makes me a psychopath), but I probably change my socks 2-3 times per day now and make sure my toes get fresh air breaks. Athlete’s foot is no joke, it’s agony.

chatbot

Do a stand up routine in the style of jerry Seinfeld on Athlete’s foot is no joke

Sure! Here’s a stand-up routine in the style of Jerry Seinfeld on Athlete’s Foot:

"Hey folks, have you ever had Athlete’s Foot? I mean, talk about a real pain in the, well, foot! You know, it’s funny, when you think about it, Athlete’s Foot is the complete opposite of what it sounds like. I mean, you’d think an Athlete’s Foot would be strong and sturdy, able to handle anything. But no, it’s weak and vulnerable. It’s like a superhero with a kryptonite foot.

And the treatments, oh boy, the treatments. Sprays, creams, powders. It’s like a never-ending game of Whack-a-Mole. You treat one spot and another one pops up. It’s like the foot version of whack-a-mole.

But the worst part? The smell. I mean, who knew feet could smell so bad? It’s like someone bottled up the stench of a hundred dirty socks and decided to call it Athlete’s Foot.

And the commercials, don’t even get me started. You see those guys in the commercials, running and playing sports with big grins on their faces, like they don’t have a care in the world. Meanwhile, I’m sitting here, trying to figure out how to walk without making my foot smell like a garbage dump.

But you know what? I’ve come to accept it. Because you know what they say, “when life gives you Athlete’s Foot, just buy a fresh pair of socks.” And let’s be real, there’s always a silver lining. At least it’s not Jock Itch.

Thanks folks, I’ll be here all week!"

1 Like

Socks are small. Buy more socks if you need to do laundry because you’ve run out. No one has a full load of laundry because they changed their socks every day.

Or maybe our friend @BG5150 does the laundry the old fashioned way, by hand. :wink: Then, each sock is an item you have to wash.

I need to do my laundry. It will be two loads. One with the socks, underwear, and other things that don’t mind hot water and the drier. The other for the fragile things, things that can’t go through the drier, and things that might fade in hot water. (Lots of clothes can go in either load, and I’ll distribute them to make the loads more or less the same size.) The last time I did laundry was… at least 3 week ago. I have worn fresh clean socks and underwear every day. Some days I change the socks mid-day. Depends on how much I exercise. If I exercise enough, I may change the underwear, too. I like to wear clean dry socks and underwear.

Did a load yesterday, first in over a week. Everything washed in one load, cool. All except one pair of wife’s athletic socks tumble dried low. I suspect they could be tumbled tried, but we aren’t sure of the directions and line dry quickly enough. The only bad part is locating them to tumble dry. I look for them as I load the drier, but sometime miss them and have to look through the dryer for them.

Sometimes she has other things that don’t get tumbled tried.

I have mesh bags that go in the laundry. Anything that can’t go in the drier gets out into a mesh bag when I’m loading the machine.

1 Like

I should do that more often. Occasionally I have thought to do it in advance. We got the mesh bags for things we need to be more careful of in the washer, but have those very rarely these days.

But you have to pair them up after they are done.

If you just buy a bunch of pairs of the same socks, this task is pretty easy.

4 Likes

Also if they are close enough and you are flexible on exactness. as a wise man once said of matching socks, “i go by thickness.”

1 Like

I got burned by sock thickness. Bought some Darn Tough socks. Liked them and decided to order three more pairs. Looked identical but when they arrived, they were thinner.

Decided to try them anyway, and I like both. So now I have two kinds of socks. Still not horrible.

We do the same. Saves a ton of hassle. Also good for stuff that can go in the dryer but has Velcro or hooks that will grab other items

Socks?

I have a recurring eczema(?) spot on the sole of my left foot (right in the middle of the arch) that gets so itchy that I will literally use the nearest sharp object to scratch it when it flairs up. I’m not entirely sure of my (self) diagnosis, but there are tiny fluid filled blisters under the skin, it reoccurs occasionally, and I’ve seen it pop up in other places (like my hands).

Wearing socks seems to only amplify this issue. The only time I ever wear socks is for bowling.

Sounds like dyshidrosis, called by a few other names including dyshidrotic eczema. I get it periodically on my hands and fingers, likely due to my many allergies. I have rarely gotten it on my feet, and not there for many years.

If you have to wear socks I might try wool socks for a while. Why? They naturally wick moisture away from the skin.

1 Like

That does seem about right.

I am really feeling sorry for everyone in the Google images of this now.

I have a pimple brewing inside my nose.

My dog dug new holes.

2 Likes

What does this mean to you?

I had assumed that I ordered 50 small packages of 5 peeps each, for a total of 250 peeps.

What showed up was 5 packages of 10 peeps each, for a total of 50 peeps. So the apparently great deal I got on peeps was in fact a ripoff of major proportions because I only got 20% of the peep count I was expecting. 10 cents per peep seemed like a deal when buying in bulk, but 50 cents a peep is an unrealistic asking price.

I had planned on being the Oprah Winfrey of peeps in my office (YOU get some peeps, and YOU get some peeps, and YOU get some peeps, …) and now I don’t have nearly enough peeps to go around.

And Amazon will not take them back because they are a “grocery item”

1 Like

Yeah…my first read through I came to your conclusion…upon reading the rest of the story and rereading the description I can see how they sent you the quantity they did but it’s bullshit, imo. Crap like that happens on Amazon all the time. I’d hit the button for them to review that listing and complain like a banshee.

1 Like

Ouch. Pimples inside the nose and on the ears are some of the most painful.

1 Like