Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

They definitely don’t help. I have a colleague who can’t eat anything resembling a certain flavor because of the trauma associated with his anesthesia. Pretty sure he vomited after surgery and it tasted pretty similar coming back up.

1 Like

for women - bacterial infection, yeast infection, uti.

1 Like

That would be bad.

Obligatory Simpsons gif:

3 Likes

This is a solid point - if I eat something and throw it up within a certain window of time I do not eat it again. I’m still off any white-chocolate frozen treats, and waffles with strawberrries/caramel sauce specifically for this reason.

Honestly I might opt for the non-flavored version if/when I go under again (pretty sure I need to do this for my wisdoms).

Lots of TMI:

I went through a phase in early puberty where I didn’t change my socks or underwear very often (or maybe just rewore them a lot/lives out of a pile of dirty laundry because my childhood was pretty traumatic and clean clothes were the least of my concerns, although that was certainly symptomatic of the trauma) - fortunately a VERY brief phase.

The smell was the worst part, but there was certainly a gross buildup that happened. Urine residue and discharge, got crusty and nasty. Fortunately I was good at wiping after using the toilet, at least. My brothers were not. They were 8 and 10 years younger than I and I think it’s common for boys to reject hygiene, especially when it interferes with their fun. In their case, video games.

Anyway, yes, I am shocked I didn’t get some kind of infection from that phase.

@Tiffany has reminded me that I am highly overdue for blood work. The needle really skeeves me out!!! :confounded: :scream: :sob: :vampire: :syringe:

2 Likes

you might need it for food if things break a certain way.

1 Like

I neither confirm nor deny employing that method occasionally during potty training.

2 Likes

Obligatory Simpsons gif:

I forgot to shave this morning. At least I remembered pants this time.

This time… tell us about the other time!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Numbers guy, also known as simply “Numbers,” was a highly respected actuary at ABC Life Insurance Company. He was known for his exceptional ability to crunch numbers and provide insightful data analysis for the company.

One day, as he was getting ready for work, he was so focused on reviewing his numbers that he completely forgot about his appearance. He rushed out of the house, still in his pajamas, and headed straight to the office.

As soon as he arrived, he realized that he had not only forgotten to shave but also to change into his work clothes. He was wearing a pair of fluffy pink bunny slippers and his pants were on inside out.

Despite the embarrassing situation, Numbers tried to keep a professional demeanor and went straight to his office. However, as soon as he sat down, his coworkers began to snicker and whisper behind his back.

Feeling embarrassed and humiliated, Numbers decided to go back home and change. When he returned, his coworkers couldn’t help but stare in disbelief. He had transformed into his usual impeccably dressed self, with a sharp suit and polished shoes.

Numbers approached his coworkers and said with a smile, “I may have forgotten my pants this morning, but I never forget my numbers.” The room erupted in laughter, and from that day on, Numbers’ coworkers had a newfound respect for him. He may have been a little forgetful, but he was still the best actuary at the company.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Have you never heard of separate hampers?

(I put mine in hubby’s though unless I want it treated special.)

I just realized that while my family’s deductible and my OOP max were hit yesterday, my son’s appointment this upcoming Monday will likely be paid at the full rate. Because it will take a few weeks for my providers to bill my insurance, but my son’s provider bills the next day.

So if my bills are sent to insurance first, we would only owe 20% for his appointment, since the family deductible will have been met, but if his bill is sent first, we will pay the full 100%. It’s only about a $100 difference, but since he won’t be hitting his OOP max this year, there is a financial difference, and it is indeed annoying.

1 Like

Think of it as training a robust immune system.

1 Like

Current forecast overnight for the first night of winter camping is now minus 2 Fahrenheit.

The students are like, this is the most Canadian thing ever. Uh no. No Canadian goes winter camping. All the canadians I know are in Florida that week.
I also looked at Google maps. I figure we are 3-4 miles from the next nearest person at night.

2 Likes

One of the springs on the pooper scooper broke. I don’t see history of ordering one on Amazon so now I’ve got to figure out which one to buy.