Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

There are lotsa chain options like Pizza Hut :-1:, Pizza Pizza, Little Caeser’s, Pizza Nova, etc.

It’s just that I am extremely annoyed at losing a highly convenient location that made pizza that I liked.

We have 2 Dominos in that 3 mile radius. I don’t think there are any other chains. The PH near me closed years ago.

Its mostly individual pizzerias here. Some really good, some good but none bad. Though 2 closed recently. owners retired and no one to take over, I guess. Can’t be a ton of money in a pizza joint.

I don’t know, there is a lot of money in banana stands, from what I’m told.

4 Likes

Yes, the Ooni. We think it was worth it; my husband loves making pizza and we make good use of it. We paid extra for the gas and wood burning options, but honestly, we mostly use the gas and it produces excellent pizza, so I’d probably recommend getting just that one and saving a few bucks.

It heats up really quickly. You do have to make the dough at least an hour in advance, but we get dinner on the table in 15-20 minutes - turn on the Ooni, turn the dough into crusts, add sauce and toppings, cook for 60-120 seconds, voila. It really is that easy, and honestly, delicious. And we don’t do a ton with the dough or sauce. We sometimes make our own sauce, but sometimes we just use jarred, and they’re both really good.

Nice. I would definitely just get gas since my egg is basically a wood fired option. I am gonna have to price this out… and figure out if we have room for it.

My wife is lactose intolerant so she can’t get pizza at very many restaurants.

1 Like

So who is running AI bots on this site? I could call out what look like AI posters to me, but I don’t want to validate the experiment.

3 Likes

Which jarred sauce do you like?

We get Rao’s, mostly.

1 Like

Sounds like something an AO bot would say…er, I mean, AI bot.

Less than 5 hours of sleep, and it was crappy tossing turning sleep. My youngest went to the ED last night so I stayed up late waiting for news until I couldn’t. When I woke up, she had messaged an hour earlier that she had chest x-ray, EKG, and blood drawn and was going to sleep. Sent text an hour ago when I woke up checking for any news and she texted back a half hour later. Waiting on results of final blood test so they can discharge her assuming it comes back without issues like everything else, but she’s still feeling really off and not well.

I don’t know how to stop worrying about my kids, or even if I should try to stop. They’re all between 20 and 25, and can obviously live in the world without me, but I have been their “responsible party” for way longer than they’ve been their “responsible party”.

Small amount of poor sleep, no answers, and no improvement. Five meetings today. Not going to be pretty. Hopefully complaining here will keep it out of my voice for work. :pensive:

9 Likes

:bighug:

1 Like

I feel called out

4 Likes

:swear: My Facebook news feed had this morning included two “senior messages”. One, a mildly cute story about a military pilot and an civilian pilot, with the military pilot showing off some daredevil flying, that ends with he civilian pilot saying that SOS is “Slower Older Safer”. The other just a meme that at the bottom says “Lessions learned in life”

Neither long enough to get annoyed about, except Facebook felt compelled to tell me those were “Suggested for you”.

1 Like

:laughing: They are poor imitations.

Read this as lesions and it made me gag.

I’m having two inspections done on the bathroom today. It’s almost 10:00 and I have no idea when they are coming, or if they are coming. You have to set it up with an automated system and I got a confirmation when I set it up but nothing since.

I may call them but they rarely pick up the phone. And they rarely return messages. It’s about what you might expect from a city govt.

me, too!

It doesn’t stop. My spouse is still 100% up to speed on my daughter’s ongoing healthcare even though she’s almost 30, married, has their own house and career, etc. My spouse routinely goes on healthcare appointments with my daughter.

Don’t stress about being involved. I mean, why wouldn’t you be involved and concerned? They don’t stop being your kids when they move out.

That seems a bit much.

Our younger daughter is 31, but at home again after living on her own in another state for over 3 years. This arraignment is working fine, but we did get involved with her healthcare, insurance only, last night. Long insurance comedy of errors, largely unrelated incidents. 7 years ago we all had the same PCP. (Initially all 3 of us on my COBRA.) Then COBRA ended. I got a Medicare advantage plan, doctor wasn’t in network and I switched. Wife switched to a Medicare supplement plan, where “network” doesn’t apply, so she kept the PCP. Daughter moved out of state, one state away, got insurance through the employer. PCP was in-network, so she kept PCP. Now back here, new employer, new insurance (still through Aetna). PCP still in network, but Aetna won’t let her choose that doctor has a PCP since doctor isn’t accepting new patients, and to Aetna this is a “new patient” situation. So wife and I really bugged her that she needs to straighten it out. Maybe she will.

Oh, and it came up last night because that PCP is now in my network, and I was trying to get wife’s advice on whether I should switch back. Wife (and daughter) inclined not to get involved. IMO, former PCP is better, but current PCP is OK, and current PCP is far more aware of my current situation and has all my current records.

Coffee pot is empty. I know I shouldn’t make more but I want more.

3 Likes