Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

You need a new thread for really, really annoyed thoughts. This really shouldn’t be put on the patients, who typically have no idea how this works. But I suppose UHC doesn’t want to pay, and your doctor doesn’t care who pays as long as someone does.

My docs (at work) say UHC is the worst offender here, fwiw.

2 Likes

Have: 32 Oz 91% isopropyl alcohol
Need: 10 Oz 70% isopropyl alcohol

I’m annoyed with how long it took me to calculate how much alcohol and how much water I needed. :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

This sounds like a math problem in the class I teach sometimes.

3 Likes

My first instinct is that it would be .7/.91 times 10 because the water contributes 0. If the water had some amount of alcohol it would require a 10-x in there somewhere. Am I underthinking it?

This was the kind of stuff that made me realize in my algebra classes that math was actually a lot of fun. I miss math homework. Well, the high school version, not college.

1 Like

Dr. Glaucomflecken has several videos featuring United Healthcare.

Someone here is not a fan of his.

1 Like

No, you are exactly correct. My brain was just fried this evening.

And really, it only took me like 5 minutes to come up with the right answer, but it should have taken me 5 seconds. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

I literally stared at my 10yo’s math homework last week completely unsure how to answer the question after a long week at work.

It was a 3D shape and they gave the total volume and some of the dimensions and asked what the volume of a subsection was. I was trying to actually solve for the volume instead of subtracting the volume of the easier to calculate prism. Took me waaaaay too long to figure it out.

And then there was my 7yo’s math homework yesterday that was weird AF. The question was, what is 4+8? And then the second part said, Tommy answered 11. How did Tommy get that answer? That was just a stupid question. My son answered “he counted wrong. Maybe some of his fingers were lost in a TNT accident and he didn’t have enough fingers to add to the right answer.” Which was a better answer than I could come up with…

4 Likes

I was only ever certified to teach 7th - 12th graders, and even that certification has lapsed, but I would give full credit for that answer.

2 Likes

Because Tommy’s a dumbass?

5 Likes

Or Tommy is in Florida where math books are banned.

4 Likes

Base 11. So he had 6 fingers on his right hand.

1 Like

Tommy counted all his fingers, when he pulled out his penis, his mother yelled, THAT IS ENOUGH, so he stopped at 11

1 Like

My Hulu app on the Firestick keeps glitching and pausing and reloading. it’ll be fine for like 5 mins then freezes but the audio still goes, and sometimes even the closed captions. Then it’ll re-buffer or re-load or whatever that little progress bar on the screen means.

And it always seems to happen when there’s action or an important moment. Regular ol’ conversation seems to (mostly) carry on unaffected.

Tried uninstalling the app and clearing it’s cache and data. Nope. Tried restarting the firestick. Nope.

I doubt it’s my internet connection, because all the other apps work well. (Well, HBO has a slowdown from time to time).

I had the Hulu app as a loaded app on my TV’s, but since some updates, the apps ae no longer supported on the TVs.

careful!

5 Likes

I had to use the house phone to call my cell phone on order to find it. It was under a blanket in my dungeon office. :roll_eyes:

He was using his neighbor’s fingers to count, but when he noticed there were 6 fingers on the right hand he remembered his father’s murder and got distracted…

2 Likes
2 Likes

inconceivable

1 Like