Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

@Echo : You no get chikkinz??? :cry:

1 Like

She helpfully eats what’s “accidentally dropped” and assorted little bits when stripping the chicken, as well as licking the container. It’s an essential household service she provides.

7 Likes

Do you make your own Alfredo sauce or buy it?

Given I confessed to eating cold leftover nachos from the fridge, what’s your guess?

:joy:
Fair enough!

If you eat it cold, or if you reuse it in a way where it’s reheated under broth or with a lot of onion, it doesn’t develop that reheated off-flavor.

2 Likes

Yep. We often cook chicken early in the week and use it in salads for several days. My daughter uses it for sandwiches.

I have a case of the Mondays. I need to get out of bed, but meh.

4 Likes

I missed the part where y’all were talking about drug tests. All three of my U.S. based employeers did drug testing.

Then I had to get super tested to get my green card - I was basically medically violated for that (but I can now confirm that I do not, infact, have syphilis).

1 Like

I made it out of bed, but basically same here. I’ve been listening to music and staring at GoA, and I managed to check my email, and that’s it for the first hour of today. Monday can just f*ck all the way off, imo.

3 Likes

Hate mondays

Because I am a good dog! :dog:

3 Likes

It was with a hospital system and it was a requirement for some sort of designation that people went through this work physical every year. It was meant for nurses I guess but they made everyone do it so that they hit some sort of target number. Not certain what they would have done if they found something out. They also did a vaccine check at the same time so I got updated tetanus shots and the annual flu shot.

:flushed:

It’s Thanksgiving Monday here, but I still need to do some work this aft. Me sad and annoyed.

And my back still hurts.

1 Like

Nice weather last night, so I left the windows open a little.

A skunk came through the neighborhood, now my entire first floor reeks.

3 Likes

Oh no… that’s the worst!!!

Prolly gonna smell at least a little for a couple days. At least we’re not planning on having any company over.

Le peu-peu

ok, here goes

had surgery in December 2021, with COVID, and other reasons, wanted it done, even though it ended up costing $3000 more in deductible than if i did it in 2022.

January 2022, had the same surgery on the other side.

UHC is insurance company. Paid 2021 In Network, claimed 2022 out of network. Paid follow visits as In Network. Charging me an extra $650 for 2022 surgery.

Called MD’s billing company (not through his office). Said they would rebill. Went through that twice. Third call he says i need to call UHC.

Called UHC, explained whole thing. Filed an appeal. declined

Called UHC. explained whole thing. Said I needed to file a grievance. said i did. she said this was different. I said not waiting a month to just hear no again. Their website, did and does says he is in Network. I will write to DOI and file a formal complaint.

That got her to get me a Claim Exception, through her manager. Took 1 1/2 hours in total.

Three weeks later i call to find out why i haven’t seen the bill processed. Was approved, never sent to claims. On hold for 1 hour. All promises to take care of it personally.

I then call my MD’s office. She has said there is a lot of this, and it appears that i changed group. A bit pissed, that no one checked to see if i was covered, but the timing was odd.

I did go to a different deductible plan, knowing i was having surgery. So emailed claim administrator. She said no change other than deductible, same group, same plan.

I do believe i am getting covered. But no real idea what happened or if my DR is In Network.

I may still write DOI, but if i get paid, will anything happen?

4 Likes