Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

I didn’t recall, or maybe I never knew, about that rule. I’ve worked in health care since 2006 and I feel like I understand about 20% of it.

I work in Medicare Sup and never knew it

I’m on the provider side but I’ve actually worked on two hospice projects. But more focused on getting patients into palliative care and hospice, less focused on that aspect. Now I wonder about some of the patients we were trying to help, and whether we were adding financial toxicity. Maybe still the lesser of two evils. American healthcare is a bit of a mess.

home hospice seems to be the better option for most. just not for him

2 Likes

We did home hospice for my mom. It came with all kinds of services, like they brought in a hospital bed and an oxygen machine. My only regret is that we didn’t start it sooner.

1 Like

same

well my SiL and two teenage daughters live in the house with him. The kids are incapable of dealing with his illness and the SiL is incapable of living on her own in many ways, though when he dies she will have to. We basically will need SiL to move out, which we can push for, but just not in a convenient time frame.

The municipal election folks sent my dad a voter notification card for the upcoming election.

He died over 3 years ago. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

He lived in IL?

2 Likes

I still get BOE mail addressed to the folks we bought the house from 8 years ago.

His spirit is in IL, I’m sure. :angel:

I got a notice from my credit card that there is an $80 charge from a bar downtown that is pending that happened just now. I’m sitting on the sofa at home, so clearly not at the bar. I have been to that bar multiple times, but not for at least a month.

I call the credit card company and tell them that’s not me. They tell me I can’t dispute a pending charge, only one that has been approved, so they can’t take any action yet. I apparently need to wait for the charge to come through, then I can dispute it. WTF. If this is a test charge and they go for a big cash advance right after this, I’m going to be extra pissed.

The Bengals are playing Thursday Night Football which is on Prime. I figured out how to play the game, but it took me twenty minutes to find the kickoff, I can only fast-forward 10 seconds at a time which takes roughly 2 seconds, thereby only actually saving 8 seconds at a time. And 25% of the time there’s a bunch of Amazon garbage on the screen that I haven’t figured out how to get rid of. I will make a point to watch zero commercials and will definitely not bother with any more of this nonsense.

What BS.

My new anti-depressants have the rare but noted side effect of hallucinating.

I didn’t realize it started Wednesday when I thought our downstairs neighbor was blasting music - nope, that was just in my head. Didn’t think to mention it to anybody at the time.

Last night was horrid, monsters and demons coming for me, my spouse missing and asking for my help, there were 2 people in our bedroom that had to put my hand through to confirm they didn’t exist. Lots of very vivid dreams, some okay some bad.

This morning was good weird, stuffed animals were smiling and such, there were 3 playlists in various parts of the house at that point (in my head), a nice bird that doesn’t exist.

Yes, I am calling my doctor at 8 on the dot and am taking the day off. I’ve had 4 hours sleep in 3 nights.

5 Likes

Go put some hookers and blow on that card ASAP, then dispute everything. Tell them you TRIED to warn them.

When a pizza with half and half toppings is not cut down the half and half line.

4 Likes

One of our kids gets only mushroom on his pizza, won’t touch pepperoni. The other gets only pepperoni, won’t touch mushroom. When that pizza arrives and there’s the smallest piece of either one out of place, God have mercy on us all.

5 Likes

So you wanted your pizza both ways, is that what you’re trying to tell me??? :smiling_imp:

Kids gonna kid.

2 Likes

The charge came through today. Had to call back, dispute it, and request a new card number.

1 Like