Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

Yeah, the only ‘Peavey’ I know of sells guitar amps and the like.

When the car in front of you in the Chick-fil-A drive through asks to see the menu.

Ditto. In fact, this is the first time I’ve heard of it as a “thing”.

My store has one line for ‘regular’ drive through orders, and a second line for folks who ordered using the app. The latter is always vacant or nearly so, so ordering using the app saves a ton of time. The regular line is always twelve cars deep.

I call it the CFA Pre lane.

Attempts at such orderly organization would likely result in riots around these parts.

Here’s your first problem.

1 Like

Totally remember Peavey mart. Mum worked there once.

OMG, will this never end. AT&T “finished” their work in my yard and left a total mess. Dirt piles, hole not filled in properly. No top soil. I am so pissed. Can I find someone at AT&T to talk to? No, I can not. So I called the city. The first person just tells me that they don’t need a permit and no, there is no contact info since they don’t have to file for a permit. So, I’m SOL? Well, I can put you through to the city engineer and maybe he can help you. The city engineer was very nice and had a number for the line engineer at AT&T. Waiting on call back but I’m expecting that I’ll be calling landscapers to finish the job and then suing AT&T. My disgust for this company is nearly boundless.

3 Likes

I find it annoying when realtors pronounce their profession with emphasis on the last syllable: “real-TORE” and not simply say “real-terr”

1 Like

Around here they’ve almost all essentially converted to only drive through. The parking lots are too small so getting back out is irritating.

Heh, when I was on crew in high school theater we differentiated between acTORS and ACTors. ACTors were perfectly reasonable people whose role in the production happened to be onstage. acTORS were contemptuous snobs to be avoided as much as possible.

I should’ve shortened it to just Chick-Fil-A.

Ohhhh. Noted. Disregarded, but noted.

A student asked for help fixing a hole in their dorm wall. I offered to assist. Got all the tools and material together this morning. I had meetings til 2 and was meeting the student at 5 so rather than going home and back to work for the afternoon I just had a long lunch, got gas in the vehicle, basically killed time. 20 minutes before I was to arrive, I get texted nah, don’t bother. FFS wasted my afternoon.

2 Likes

You got 20 minutes warning. That’s pretty good for a student.

1 Like

I’ve got a few contractors calling me - drywall, tile, etc. I call them, and often times they call me back, sometimes from a different number. Normally I don’t pick up the phone at all if I don’t know the number but now if it looks like a local number I pick up. So I’ve picked up a few times for those scam or spam calls where they spoof a local number. Damn you people.

1 Like

I’ve been back to this place twice since the Splenda incident. Last time, my wife thought her quiche needed a dash of salt. They don’t have salt - despite being a bakery. Today I popped in for breakfast - a ham & cheese croissant and a latte.

It was $14, which is pretty steep for Kansas. They set my food on the counter and when I picked it up, there was no fork. It’s not really the kind of croissant you want to bare-hand, imo. It took me almost ten minutes to get any employee to make eye contact with me to get a fork.

I really want to like them, their pastry game is 10/10, but in the interest of keeping my blood pressure down, I’m out.

2 Likes

just found out that Medicare pays for Hospice, but not the room & board

If it’s Medicare Advantage, I’m not sure what the benefit is. Varies by plan but there may be minimums?

For traditional Medicare, they should pay - but only if your hospice physician made the referral for the stay. I’m not sure if ‘referral’ is quite the right word.

Room and board. Medicare doesn’t cover room and board if you get hospice care in your home or if you live in a nursing home or a hospice inpatient facility.

From Medicare.Gov