Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

Hence the nickname “blows.”

1 Like

LinkedIn.

i’ll just take solace in knowing this bitch’s life is likely shit for her to act that way.

Inspirational silver lining.

1 Like

If you want to spend more, but get a vanity that will look amazing and outlast you, DM me and I will put you in touch with my guy.

1 Like

problem is i am torn between a kickass vanity and the fact that i want to sell my apartment.

the only reason i’m even getting a vanity is because i need to fix my bathtub door which is a disaster and regrout the bathtub. so i’m going to hire the handy man in my building to do it. while he’s doing that i figured i’d get a new vanity because i’ve always hated the one i have (and paint the bathroom and kitchen). it’s a gigantic pedestal sink with no storage at all and it’s so huge that it blocks the bathtub.

i want storage and also something not this massive as a side note.

Sell the apartment! You’ve hated everything about it since you’ve moved in. It makes you sick.

4 Likes

yeah, i need to fix my bathtub door and regrout it regardless in order to sell. also need to paint my kitchen. it has grease stains all over the walls.

so i’m thinking i’ll go cheaper on the vanity. i was only doing that part in case i somehow don’t sell.

is pottery barn good quality? it’s more expensive than home depot, but home depot vanities got really mixed reviews and the bitch in the store made me not want to shop there at all.

in looking at pottery barn’s website, i see some nice vanities, but they have no reviews on their website at all. in googling pottery barn it sounds like they have high quality stuff though.

edit - googling some more and pottery barn sucks too.

What kind of budget are you working with for the vanity and counter top?

And what style & size? Painted or stained? Or if you could post pics of a couple you like that might help.

I have several pieces of Pottery Barn furniture that have held up pretty well through 10+ years and several moves (two bookcases, desk & chair, dresser, night stand). I don’t think I’m especially hard on furniture, but movers can be. Also fireplace tools that look brand new after I don’t know how long. I let the ex have the original set in the divorce because my new place didn’t have a fireplace and I didn’t want to store them. But when I moved to my current place I liked them so much that I found a used set identical to the one my ex & I used to have and bought it and they still look brand new. I’m sure they’re at least 10 years old, maybe older. Not sure how long the previous owners had them.

I have a Pottery Barn duvet cover that is a very nice design and looks great on the bed. But the comforter slides down leaving duvet cover and no comforter at the top while the comforter is bunched up at the bottom, and it’s a whole project to fix it… even though it has ties that supposedly prevent that from happening. (Comforter is still tied to the corners, but it drags them in and down… just doesn’t accomplish the goal at all.)

I think the type of fabric is just not right for a duvet cover. So that’s been disappointing. But I’m cheap and when I fix the alignment it looks great, so I keep it.

The mat under my office chair keeps sliding to the left.
Even when it reaches the desk leg, it will start to bend.
Any attempts to put a barrier to keep it in place has failed

On carpeting, but won’t dig in. This is my 2nd one, same problem.
But this one is much bigger, thought the larger surface area would help.

Went to breakfast yesterday (maybe brunch). Wife ordered an omelet with raisin toast. Order came with just an omelet on the plate. We had no silverware or napkins either. I ordered eggs and bacon, hash browns and wheat toast. The order came out with no bacon.

1 Like

Maybe breadmaker was working in the kitchen

5 Likes

I worried about that when the toast was mysteriously missing.

She doesn’t seem like an obvious suspect to me. She makes the bread. She shouldn’t need to steal other people’s.

I think you should be looking for guys named Jean Valjean.

It’s a little known fact that he also got into college football coaching where he was known as Urbain Maier Fabre

Send Home Depot a sternly worded e-mail. They may send you a 15% off coupon. Make that cheap vanity even cheaper.

that’s not a bad idea. i don’t want to get all karen about this, but that woman was such a fucking bitch and i’m afraid to even deal with home depot after that incident. do you have an email address for them?

i don’t know her name, but i creepily snapped a picture of her from a distance.