Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

I have fruit flies in my car from a banana peel that I forgot to throw away. I’m hoping they die quickly so I don’t have to put a vinegar trap in my car.

I bought a couple of new glasses to replace some broken ones. When I was drinking from one of the replacements it seemed like the was thinner.

I got a new phone recently that I like. For the last few days, it’s wanted me to do a system update. I clicked on the notification for the last 2 days and scheduled the update for 2am. For some reason it did not happen either day. It apparently just randomly decided to do the update right now.

1 Like

That was me on monday on UWaterloo campus. All the young’uns travelling in herds of 500 wearing their various faculty gear.

How do you touch your toes without bending? You must have freakishly long arms.

Bending my knees i meant

Makes a lot more sense with that little detail.

I’ve been a happy and loyal state farm customer for almost 30 years. Their customer service has always been commendable.
Our current claims adjuster is a total jackass. He did an incomplete job of inspecting the roof for hail damage. He doesn’t return our calls. When we call him he tells us he’s busy & will call us back but doesn’t.

Even better, I’m trying to get some quotes for other coverage from an agent in another state & she doesn’t even reply. I’ve contacted her twice!

I think it’s finally time to go with Flo.

everyone has a supervisor

This may only be true where I live bc we have lots of storms and it’s not unusual to have whole neighborhoods getting roofs replaced, BUT our roofers were usually able to work directly with our State Farm adjuster to substantiate the damage.

Yeah, I’d call my agent and let them know what’s up, and see what they can do.

We’ve been with State Farm for about 15 years with no issues. Including one claim for hail damage that resulted in State Farm paying for a new roof.

So your agent hasn’t been able to help you out by pressuring claims adjuster to get on with it? I would definitely let the agent know. They need to at least pretend to do something.

hotel room - stupid DND sign that hangs on the door falls off every time. EVERY time you open the door.

1 Like

Must have failed your saving throw against the effects of gravity

If you are DNDing, why are you leaving the room?

Well, this should go in the happy thoughts thread but I’ll post it here since this is where it all started.

One problem is that this damage is from quite a while ago. I recall roofers scouring the neighborhood for victims future satisfied customers, but I blew them all off.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago and we’re trying to sell the house. Buyer’s house inspector says “There’s roof damage. Contact your insurance people to get it taken care.” So we do. They say, “Oh, we’re so busy. I can’t get out there for a few weeks.” Meanwhile, buyer is ready to back out. We tell him some stuff to appease him but never put it in writing.

Finally claims adjuster guy shows up. He was difficult to understand and he had difficulty understanding us. Those things you can usually get past but it made communication quite difficult. Regardless, he finally inspects roof. He didn’t even look underneath the recently installed solar panels. He gives us a piss poor verbal estimate of the total damage.

He said, I’ll get the written estimate to you by Monday (yesterday). It gets to be about 5:00 pm on Monday (yesterday) and we didn’t hear anything from him. Wife calls him. He actually answers phone. She asks him when we’re going to get that estimate. He says, “I’ll call you back.” He never does.

After some hemming and hawing with our agent about what to do, in addition to contacting the solar company to get estimate of the cost to remove/replace the solar panels during the roof replacement, we were able to determine that he didn’t inspect the entire roof, so we call him to come out again.

In the meantime, at some point during all of this, wife calls agent. Let’s them know that the claims process is not going well.

Earlier today, wife takes dogs on walk. Agency calls her, she says, “I’m on a dog walk. Call 1695814.” My phone rings just as my butt had just rested into the confines of the bucket seat of my Prius to go pick up my 50% off Footlong from Subway courtesy of the Subway Series promotion that I signed up for. I hate taking phone calls, but I see it’s from our agency, so I reluctantly pick up. She says she’s going to connect me with the adjuster, so I say, “Hang on. Let me get my ass back inside the house…and the sheep and goats and the rest of my farm animals, too!!!”

So, I get back inside, let her know I’m ready, then she connects the call to the adjuster where I get to listen to their lovely hold music where they interrupt to extol the virtues of having a good neighbor. After about two minutes later she, the insurance agency person, connects to the call again and says something to the effect of “Uh, we’ll get back to you.” That’s when I turned on the stern voice and let her know how deeply disappointed I’ve been with this whole experience. I didn’t threaten to take my business elsewhere even though, we were probably going to do that. Like I said, SF has been worth any extra cost they charge over low cost carriers because every previous claims experience has been handled so well.

I attempt, again, to go pick up my food from Subway. This time I’m successful in leaving the premises & neighborhood.

While I’m out and about, unbeknownst to me, Sr Claims Adjuster comes out. As I arrive home I see his truck outside my house and a ladder leaning against the roof. I knock the ladder down and yell, “When you agree that the whole roof needs to be replaced then I’ll put your ladder back!!!”

Well, whattaya know, he agrees that the whole roof needs to be replaced including covering the cost of moving solar panels.

Some of this story has been embellished but I’m now reconsidering leaving SF. I’ve always liked the 49ers.

3 Likes

:clap: :clap: :+1:

That is one good story. If I was annoyed when I opened this thread, I forgot why.

1 Like

See, i was totally right! :laughing:

1 Like

:tup: