Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

That time I had to cut out coffee (and everything else that was good) I didn’t get headaches but I think that was only because I’d already spent a few days in searing abdominal pain and wasn’t really eating or drinking anything.

I’m back on the junk.

I recommend hot yoga - you’ll sweat out all the salt and then you can still eat it! (Is that how it works I dunno - I just know this is the only kind of exercise that works for me -and- I start craving healthier foods somehow while I’m doing it).

I typically have one strong cup of coffee a day. I’d call it a double. I do get caffeine withdrawal if I don’t have some caffeine before noon.

I don’t know what hot yoga is. I do know that I’m horrible at normal yoga. I can’t seem to look at the instructor and do the thing. Also I have 0 flexibility and balance. My body just doesn’t do those things. Except maybe the child’s pose.

I mean, I’ll also add that I get headaches pretty much daily because of genetics, so not that lucky, but I don’t get withdrawal-specific headaches, I often go whole weekends without coffee unintentionally and don’t notice. And I’m a 2-3 cup a day kind of gal.

It’s taken me years, but I am now an expert at the Shavasana pose.

(I’m terrible at yoga too, but I like it)

2 Likes

the child’s pose hurts my feet. they don’t bend that way.

my flexibility and balance have improved some since getting physical therapy. it was awful before that. i couldn’t even touch my toes without bending. now i can. my pt suggests yoga as a good replacement for going to her, but i haven’t gotten into it as of yet.

Yeah, sorry, I didn’t mean cut out all salt. Isn’t sodium in some foods naturally? I think you can have like 1500 mg a day. (Eta - on the DASH diet for hypertension)

Anyway I meant cut down. I found out one of my frozen meals only had 570 mg, which wasn’t bad considering I had almost no sodium for breakfast.

My nutritionist friend said salt added in cooking isn’t where most folks get high sodium intake. But she hasn’t had my husband’s cooking.

I’ll have to read labels on the canned stuff and probably make my own salad dressing or go without.

1 Like

@John.S.Mill (pretty sure) also mentioned using MSG, apparently it tastes saltier than it is and is a good way to cut down on sodium.

I react poorly to MSG

have you actually tested it with MSG? a lot food has MSG (most of the tasty ones), you just don’t know about it

I was drinking significantly more than 2-3 cups a day. I was much closer to a pot and a half.

My “cups” are like…14 ounces, minimum, which translates to like 3 “coffee pot” versions of a cup, so yeah…half a pot equivalent for me, sometimes a full pot.

I was driving back from my haircut and I forgot that my usual return path was gonna be full of parents picking up their little dears from school. It wasn’t as bad as I expected, but still annoyed me.

2 Likes

My coffee cups are at least 14 oz but they use a single K-cup, so I count them as 1 cup.

I love Bikram yoga, but I can’t find a place around here that does it. I guess the guy who started it is some kind of jerk, but I still want the benefits of Bikram. There’s one place that has hot yoga, but not Bikram… guess I should try it.

I find just a mix of olive oil and balsamic vinegar and a tiny bit of salt is quite tasty. Can add some Italian herbs but it’s not necessary.

Some critter knocked over my recycling bin, so I was gloved up and repacking kitchen recycling at 7:00 a.m.!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I was on a Teams call the other day waiting for the other person to join, staring at the video of myself, and was forced to accept that I am definitely getting jowls. Sigh. Wasn’t I just drowning in my youth?! What happened?

drowning doesn’t look like drowning, apparently

3 Likes