Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

Bummer!

It was a clogged drain—where the washer drains. 40 years of whatever goes through that drain and builds up. Not an expensive fix thankfully.

And just got a reminder of why one shouldn’t try the easy way. It’s never the easy way.

1 Like

Sorry about your dad’s pal.

Is there a whole back story here that only you know? I’m reading it trying to connect the dots. Is the giant pile of shit teacher related to your dad or his friend in some way? Is there a thread on here I haven’t read? I don’t NEED the back story of course, just want to make sure I’m not missing anything.

Also not helping is the fact that the load of laundry I’m trying to start is from dealing with the aftermath of a clogged toilet.

Double ugh

I don’t think I could explain to someone what a non deduction reserve is.

In the continuing saga of JFG and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day, it’s not a clogged drain filter.

4 Likes

It’s either the drain hose inside the washing machine or the drain pipe. I could run some water backwards through the drain hose outside the washer, so not completely blocked. However I’ll need help getting that hose off. (Yeah yeah, TWSS.) In a move I’ll probably come to regret, I put in all the gross towels to wash on the sanitize setting.

They’re unrelated. Dad’s buddy, probably his absolute best friend. They worked together for about 35 years, then hung out some after Dad retired. When I was younger, we used to spend a ton of time with his family so his kids were practically siblings.

This [incredibly derogatory term of your choosing here] is on my list of 7 people who I hope die a fucking horrible, agonizing death and I’ll celebrate the hell out of their death, and anyone who gets upset about that will get the standard Ukranian greeting.

3 Likes

Lot’s of stuff pissing me off today.

First of all, a couple years ago, most mediterranean places sold falafel for about $5 or $6 per dozen. Everywhere now, they are $1 each. A whole freaking buck for a 1 inch ball of spiced garbanzo beans - actual ingredient price maybe 6 cents. WTF? What the actual f%^k?

Also, when did Arby’s stop selling triangle shaped potato cakes?

1 Like

Last year. :cry:

Also, in a discussion about how different groups of people are treated, I dropped a reference to Star Bellied Sneetches.

Nobody (everyone was 40 y/o or younger) knew WTH I was talking about. That made me feel old.

5 Likes

They’ve got stars upon thars.

2 Likes

My kids would have known. The Sneetches was one of our bedtime staples for quite a while.

1 Like

You are truly justified in your righteous anger. I would not invite these youngsters to your frankfurter roasts.

4 Likes

in 8th grade, my locker had a key lock. the HR teacher had the extra key. i would access it and replace it all the time bc that was what the assumption I had was. one time he was absent and i returned the key the next day. he flipped his shit that I went into his desk without permission. furiously sputtering at me, he dropped the key on the ground in front of everyone saying he wanted nothing to do w helping me bc I went into his desk.

Later in the same year, during a special late day everyone stay in HR announcement (whatever it was for), I felt really ill. Asked to leave, he said no. I said I am going to puke, he said “No! No one leaves, Just do it on the floor!” I actually replied and said “I will.” Turned and puked like 3 times on the floor in front of the horrified classmates.

Years later I heard he had a massive coronary. My reaction was stolen by Jerry Seinfeld and his huge movie sized bowl of popcorn.

2 Likes

This one?

weird. no, the That’s a Shame one. I will link to nothing. we’ve all seen it.

a reserve you cannot deduct?