Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

Now we have a plumbing issue. Washed a load of laundry and there was water coming from underneath the washer. Only it wasn’t coming from the washer so… And it’s Saturday so can’t get anyone out for a few days.

Guess I’ll be spending my Sunday at the laundromat. I wonder how many quarters I can find…

1 Like

I’m at my in laws. Long story, one of the supply lines in a bath vanity was leaking. Cool, I went and got parts and fixed it. Went to turn on the hot water and the (30 year old) shutoff valve was leaking. Tried tightening the packing nut, no bueno.

Great, I will replace both shutoff valves. They are just compression fittings, simple. Go to the hardware store, closed. Drive 15 min to the next one, they don’t have it. Have to drive another 25 min to get to Home Depot. So it took me 90 minutes of driving around to do a 15 minute job. FML.

1 Like

Have you checked your washing machine drain filter? On mine it’s inside a little compartment near the bottom. I recently had to take it out & clean a bunch of (mostly dog) hair out of it.

The water wasn’t leaking from the washer but from the wall? Seems like something broke.

I’m doing some part-time work for my former employer and I cannot connect remotely today. I get paid per work item and non connectivity = no pay.

4 Likes

I have to get IPR done tomorrow for my Invisalign process. Basically sanding down between my teeth to remove gaps. I am anxious about it. I am a beast about most pain, but not tooth pain.

3 Likes

I was born during the LBJ administration.

I have tooth pain from emerging wisdom teeth. Dentist tells me to go find someone to yank those 4 MF’ers.

3 Likes

Those molar foulers!!! :rage:

I wonder what their mass is.

Got my period. Very bad timing this month, too.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize they had to reshape the teeth. I thought they just moved them around.

They’re getting creative in their methods of torturing me.

2 Likes

But you chose to do this, right?

1 Like

Of course. Granted, what they promised me in the sales pitch looks a little different from reality. It was all snappy and rosy and “it won’t even feel like two years!”, and now it’s looking like it will be more like three.

Seems like this is the usual experience. They sell you the best case scenario, don’t mention the more likely scenario, and of course once you’re halfway through the process you might as well finish, right? I think it will all be worth it in the end, though, so I keep going.

I’m working remotely…I “remote in” to my very own pc in my office at my work location…I’m on the verge of finishing something up and…the connection goes all crapola…really, at this point, I just want to get in to make sure it’s saved & I’ll leave the mess for tomorrow.

My eyes popped open at 5:50 in the a.m.: I had a headache and I had to pee!!!

1 Like

I feel this in my bones. Doing electrolysis has upped my pain threshold for a lot of things, but tooth pain still sucks.

2 Likes

Makes me think of that Marathon Man scene with Dustin Hoffman and Laurence Olivier.

Kind of pissed that one of my dad’s extremely good friends (even though they haven’t talked in probably 6 years, since Dad started losing the ability to speak) died this morning (COVID), and there’s an older teacher who’s a giant pile of shit who’s still alive and well.

Keep reminding myself, the bitch is going to die, stay patient, your monthlong celebration will yet happen.

Opened up the washing machine to start a load and saw standing water inside.