Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

Map gets affixed to the box cover.

4 Likes

People still use clocks?

This. You often can’t tell what breaker is blown visually. Run your hand down the row, one will feel a bit off. Flip that one fully off then on again.
This is not a call to an e!ecrician.

Honestly, I wish my stove and microwave didn’t have clocks, totally unnecessary in the modern era. But they do, and it triggers my OCD if they aren’t properly set.

Coffee maker has a clock, and I do need that one working so it turns on automatically in the AM.

I think the only other clocks we have in the house are mechanical ones that you wind - an old cuckoo clock and a walnut mantle clock that I made years back.

Our microwave is the only clock in the house we reset when the power goes out. Even though it’s not really needed, like you we always reset it.

Not independent clocks, the one on your VCR. :heynow:

2 Likes

Have you heard of a thing called sugar?

You people are weird.

I think our coffee maker is the only appliance that doesn’t have a battery for memory. But we also don’t program it, so it’s always wrong.

I freaking hate mornings, so the thought of waiting two minutes for my coffee maker to warm up… no.

2 Likes

This is 95% of the reason why I married a morning person.

1 Like

But only does my microwave have a clock, it has a calendar that needs to be reset or it won’t work. It doesn’t display the calendar, that was a feature used in a higher trim line of the stove. But i need to enter a valid date or i can’t start the microwave.

It is always 11/11/11 when the power is turned on.

Other than that, it’s a great microwave, but that feature drives me nuts.

I’d have thrown it through the window by now, lol.

GCFI? I guess it’s time to google.

I never reset the clock on the stove. Don’t think we have any others.

Good tip about feeling which one my be off. But it would be nice to have that stinking map so we might make one anyway.

Whoops GFCI, ground fault control interface or something like that. A normal outlet that has additional red and black buttons on it.

1 Like

We don’t have those. House built in 1978 I think.

The only really bad thing about this is our neighborhood has had a fair number of fires and they have all been related to wiring or electrical issues. So it always makes us a bit nervous to have to mess with this stuff.

A lot of aluminum wiring was used in the 1970s and it’s not great. Probably less risk than knob and tube but it’s not up to current code.

If you are having one breaker getting tripped a lot, and it’s not because you’re running a hair dryer or space heater a lot, it might be worth getting an electrician to take a look.

It’s been years since the last time this happened.

And yes it probably would be worth having someone qualified take a look but how much does it cost to have the entire house rewired?

Oh and we were running a space heater in our room and mr aj decided to turn on the bathroom heater when he woke up. That’s what caused it to fail. I hate that bathroom heater—don’t trust those things.

Anyway he flipped all the switches and it stayed off so we decided it’s probably the same thing as last time. But it’s icy and we already have one vehicle in the shop so we decided to not mess with it since a fix involves a trip to the hardware store.

Actually I don’t know why we didn’t do the map thing last night—probably bc I was working on taxes and then had book club.