Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

Who jumped up from a nap in the other room and wagged her tail with excited joy because of the sound of me setting my shoes on the floor when I was trying to leave?

Cleaning wild ducks and geese, particularly ones someone else shot.
Im sensitive to waste, but it’s kinda warranted to just pull the breast out and be done here.

2 Likes

I peeled off the foilish wrapper on a bottle of scotch and it ****in’ cut me!!! :rage:

At least you can pour scotch on it to sterilize the wound.

1 Like

I allocated the scotch to pain relief, not disinfection. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

It’s annoying when you have a general middle finger at corporate leadership mentality and then you meet a person who forces you to make an exception because they seem like a genuinely good person who honestly cares about people like you (or is really great at faking it).

1 Like

Misread it. Couldn’t figure out what that was…It must be the thing that ****in’ cuts you.

1 Like

I’m exhausted and I want to go to sleep but I cannot.

1 Like

It’s that stiff, form-fitting stuff they put over the cork. That :poop: 'll maim you good!!!

1 Like

It takes me longer to latex typeset a 10 page probability assignment than it did to do the assignment itself.
Probably why the latex course is supposed to be a prereq instead of a coreq.

Serious question. Does everyone else complete stuff by hand then build the latex document from notes? Or do you get to the point where you just do the work in latex?

Yes. By hand first is so much easier. I can do the Microsoft equation editor on the fly sometimes unless there are matrices. Those take forever.

Some chick on a blog:

1 Like

I miss the :blah: emoji

Still got 4 more pages to layout at 2pm. I was supposed to have my other assignment done by now , haven’t even started.

I better pick up on this, I’ve got another two years of handing in assignments in latex.

I’m assuming you mean LaTeX, because my first read was… you know. :smiling_imp:

My most recent Invisalign tray was super tight and painful, orthodontist told me to leave them in an extra three days after the first week, and after I submitted those scans, he is saying they need ANOTHER three days.

I’m sure he knows what he is talking about and all, but I’m so ready to be done. Three days might as well be a lifetime.

1 Like

:whynotboth?:

2 Likes

Was asked for a comment from a media site relating to a group I work for (community thing). The media site is hostile to my group by reputation. Asked at 9pm Saturday night. By 10am Sunday morning the story was up, no comment able to be provided bc of…sleep?

Ive done a lot of media (national daily news, radio, books, TV) and it’s mostly not worth it. It drives just about 0 interest from readers, and there’s no other real benefit that I’ve ever seen other than being able to say ‘as seen in’ on your website. Get published in a front page of the financial section of a daily national newspaper, and the next day…the phone is silent. Plus if you ask for something simple in return, like a link from the article? Not going to happen. They won’t do it unless you pay (if you see a link in a national news source, inlcuding the reputable ones, you can be assured that it was almost certainly paid for).

I almost got busted once. Got a call from an interview from an online source I’d never heard of, but never really thought about it. They seemed legit on the phone. Did the interview and it went well. They didn’t end up publishing, and thank gawd because I later found out they were a cesspool of right wing nutjobs. Why they were doing an article on insurance, beyond me - unless they were digging for dirt that I didn’t give them.

1 Like