Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

Way too much effing work today.

Having to make a dust free zone so I can replace a nearly new glass protector screen on my phone. I put a new glass cover on my phone just before vacation to replace the previous protector that had a corner crack that had finally gotten annoying enough to require removal/replacement. Also just before vacation, I went out to pull grass up from around my new trees (I don’t want to spray kill until they’ve been planted for a year), and set my phone down by the front door so I could hear it, but wouldn’t risk dropping it. Phone rings, my kid (21) is standing there, brings the phone to me, and then takes it back when I am finished, but drops it instead of setting it down. So brand new protector with three cracks in a fan pattern from the side, plus two more from each corner on that side. So here I am replacing a screen protector for the second time in 2 weeks, because I cannot deal.

tl;dr 1st world problems, keep scrolling

That’s annoying

Good point. They could possibly be considered to have quit.

That’s really frustrating. It’s first world stuff, but ya still gotta deal with it.

I was texting a friend and my fat fingers turned “want one” into “wangbone”. :laughing:

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. They “quit” because of working conditions imposed by the employer.

Generally, voluntary terminations do not count in determining whether a partial termination has occurred as they do for determining who must vest after partial termination. However, in some cases employees who appear to terminate employment voluntarily have been found to have terminated involuntarily under a constructive discharge theory. The employer’s intent, working conditions and the reasonably foreseeable impact of the employer’s conduct on the employees are factors in evaluating a constructive discharge.

Tech support dropping the ball on getting us rates we need for today, everyone who is supposed to be on top of it is out of the office.

Well it would certainly be an interesting case for the courts.

Even if this employer doesn’t hit 20%, some other employer might.

And would there be implications for whether unemployment benefits are payable? Probably depends on the state. Oregon you get unemployment for almost any involuntary termination. Maybe not for stealing from the company or punching out your boss. But certainly if you are fired for just not doing your job very well you get unemployment. Other states won’t pay unemployment in that case though. So in such a state you probably wouldn’t get it.

But the question of whether the termination was voluntary or involuntary could be relevant in Oregon and other states with similar enforcement of unemployment benefits.

I was just talking about qualified retirement plan consequences. That’s my bailiwick.

No where in the regs does it state that 20% is the cutoff for a partial plan termination. It is informal guidance, and each situation is subject to facts & circumstances.

Really, however, the only consequence to a partial plan termination is to fully vest the affected participants immediately. Everyone else stays status quo.

want :dngaf:
have :exams:
:face_vomiting:

2 Likes

We don’t have a good smiley, afaict, for :qunq:.

Also, and this is not a part of my annoyed thought, I happened to be going through them last night & was surprised that this one was in there:
:fu:

People at work whose out of office does not include when they will be back. There may be good reason for not knowing, so I can’t get too worked up, but still annoyed.

It’s 72° here, and the windows in my home office are painted shut. Might have to see if I can remedy this.

1 Like

Eh, they could indicate a conservative guess.

“I will be out of the office and anticipate returning in late November” if they’re getting surgery with a two month recovery.

That’s useful information even if the precise return date is unknown.

This watermelon is not very tasty nor is it very sweet.

Skipped lunch.
Idiots at the store and parking lot.
Much hangriness.

1 Like

@echo: Daddy soooooper hangry!!! Go giv him soooooper saaaaaaad luk to by costco chikkin!!! Hooz a gud gurl??? :service_dog:

She already annoyingly inspired guilt today so don’t encourage her.

@Echo: Did u giv Daddy da big gilteez??? Hooz a gud gurl??? U R!!! :dog: