Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

Quite reasonable on your part, which is what makes it so idiotic on your employer’s part.

1 Like

Maybe they are trying to encourage virtual, rather than in-person, attendance without stating that. Only those who are sufficiently motivated will attend in-person.

Edge is a decent browser, but it KEEPS pushing me to use Bing, which is a shitty search engine. I just restarted Edge, and got an alert urging me to “update to use recommended settings”.

No, thanks, it took me a while to figure out how to get you to use Google even part of the time. I sure as hell don’t want to undo that. Nor does anyone else, since it’s pretty hard to change that setting by accident.

4 Likes

I just use Firefox on everything. Except the odd website that doesn’t play well with it. Then I VERY reluctantly use Chrome. That browser sucks.

1 Like

I use Brave for a browser and Duckduckgo for a search engine because they supposedly don’t track everything I do. I think Google and Microsoft have enough money.

Wait, are companies requiring testing for people who are vaxxed? Around here, you are either vaxxed or tested, not both.
And if you’re not vaxxed, well.

Gotta change my work laptop password within the next 6 days. Stupid beepin’ system security beep beep beep combo of letters, numbers, symbol, beepity beep beep…

I work in healthcare, for a company that’s very, very cautious when it comes to COVID. Get vaxxed by 11/1 or you’re terminated. Currently you have to be either a) vaxxed and masked or b) vaxxed and tested every 48 hours to enter the office. But this is an all-company meeting, so our CEO is exercising all the caution, you have to be vaxxed and tested every 24 hours, and the event will be outdoors.

I gave up on trying to get rid of bing. Now I just pull up google to search. Man that’s annoying!

Password123! Or if you want to really want it secure: passWord123!

2 Likes

Does the company have contingency plans if 10-15% of its workforce is suddenly let go?

(And if it’s more than 20% they will have to immediately vest them in the retirement plan.)

P@$$w04d, ftw.

I’ve never heard of that before. It’s, obviously, some govt mandate/rule/law?

I don’t know what the plans are. It’s a primary care / public health company, and the culture is quite liberal. I think it’s safe to say that even without threat of termination at least 80% were vaxxed. Pretty sure 100% of the analytics team is. Will we lose some people? Probably. I bet it’s single digits in a company of ~500.

ETA: we don’t have vesting in our 401k, it’s your money from day one.

If more than 20% of participants in a qualified retirement plan are removed from the plan due to employer action (eg they get fired), the the plan has a “partial plan termination” resulting in full, immediate vesting for those involved.

1 Like

too complic8ed

1 Like

Maybe shorten it to just @$$w04d

2 Likes

The battery on my trusty MacBook pro is swelling. :cry: I took it to the apple store, and they can replace it. But they need to mail it to a repair center. And it can’t go on an airplane, it has to go ground. I will be without it for two weeks, if everything goes well.

1 Like

Is it employer action if they refuse to get a vaccine? I sense money for lawyers in that one.

passWord@123 it is!!! :+1:

1 Like