Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

That’s deeply depressing. I realize that most of us don’t understand our relationships all that well, being blinded by love and all that. But when you DO understand it, and it sucks, and you decide God wants you to suffer…
:cry:

1 Like

Yeah I’d love to be wrong about it, but…

She also threw a fit when he went to visit his daughter for Christmas. The ex-wife somewhat crazily decided to move to… I think it was London (somewhere in Europe where they speak English anyway) because 6-year-old daughter complained that she’d only ever lived in the US. Ex-wife is rich and works remotely so off to Europe they went for the school year. Groom, while dating Bride, decided that he was going to go visit Daughter for Christmas.

Now, ok, it’s slightly odd that he stayed with Ex-wife, but like… Groom is most definitely NOT rich and had to shell out for the plane ticket, Ex-wife had plenty of space so to some extent it made sense. I get Bride not being thrilled with that. But… it’s his daughter that he hadn’t seen in months. And London hotels at Christmas are surely not cheap. How do you not get that? Also Ex-wife’s mother was going too, and was… not exactly clamoring for Groom and Ex-wife to get back together.

Bride made a really big deal out of it. To the point that they almost broke up.

Whole thing seems odd to me but I hope I’m just only seeing the negatives and this relationship is far better than it appears from the outside.

I did think about pulling him aside and asking, “so why are you really getting married” and trying to do that uncle-to-nephew discussion about marriage and life, because his father won’t do it and his mother is incredibly mousey and passive. Then I heard about how the engagement got set up by the B2B’s best friend, who hounded him for months about asking, and the B2B and best friend orchestrated the proposal at some event where people were going to be and the best friend could photograph it all. You know, an event where it would be a big deal after the B2B had said repeatedly “I don’t want it to be a production in front of a bunch of people.”

They [the B2B and her best friend] specifically chose that date because the B2B’s ex-husband was getting remarried that day, so I needed to have a positive memory of that day instead of always remembering it on the calendar as the date that [ex-husband] got re-married and I was still waiting for a proposal. And, she went out and had her wedding dress from the 1st wedding altered specifically so she could wear it to this event where she was going to be “surprised” by getting proposed to.

I feel like this + the last few posts could go into their own thread of “bad relationship examples” or something. But for this, it’s just annoying and I realized after finding out … the rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrest of the story … any attempt to talk sense into the kid is a waste of my time.

:popcorn:

1 Like

:iatp::popcorn:

I’ve made some stupid relationship decisions but you’d think after a failed marriage there’d be more rational thought processes going on.

2 Likes

My wife’s childhood bestfriend had a situation where it was like why are you getting married. They got married and recently got divorced ~5 years later. I didn’t actually go to the wedding (I thought it was pretty uncool they invited my wife, the maid of honor, and just gave her a plus one, rather than inviting me, my wife’s literal husband). Anyway, I haven’t been much of a fan of the best friend since my wife and I started dating and she was probably the strongest advocate against my now wife dating me (I’m too boring…).

I’ll also have her know I think of myself as a relatively outgoing actuary.

1 Like

I’m still annoyed at my SIL about wedding stuff from 23 years ago. Probably wouldn’t be, but she’s about to have her 3rd wedding less than a year after splitting with husband #2. It’s a week after my daughter’s wedding.

I wonder how many people we are annoying with my daughter’s wedding. We are limited on the # of people we can invite bc our church is super small. On top of that, the happy couple actually got married last weekend, so the planned “wedding” will basically be a public restatement of their vows. (With Delta going crazy in our state, I think that was wise. If we have to postpone it’s no biggie.) How many will be mad that they “went and got married” without announcing it? (Parents were the only guests. And had they wanted it more private than that, I would have said ok. It’s her day, not mine.)

2 Likes

Wait, WHAT???

She wore some version of her wedding dress from her first marriage when she knew her boyfriend was going to propose?

I think that’s the most disturbing part of a very disturbing story.

4 Likes

You can always invite people to the reception but not the ceremony. I went to a co-worker’s wedding reception where only a handful of people went to the ceremony which was on the beach where you couldn’t hear anything due to waves crashing and was like a 75 minute drive each way. It was kind of nice to not have to deal with that and I was happy to be invited to the reception.

1 Like

PCP has an app. Tried to book appt through app. Didn’t hear back. Called to make an appt. Message on repeat, “Did you know you can now book an appt thru our app?” Hold time not bad, got appt.

Later same day: message from app: “Please call to book an appointment.”

Ummmm…

Like, as in angel dust?

I had a slice of carrot cake yesterday; I may have inadvertently eaten a rai-SIN !!! :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

WTH puts rai-SINs in carrot cake?!?!?! :exams:^:exams:

I was warned about the presence of the evil, dirty, nasty, smelly, puppy-kicking ria-SINS :face_vomiting: , but I only did a cursory inspection of the slice. It looked safe to eat, but I was wrong. :cry:

Bit of a daredevil are we

I agree.

I have a nephew who is allergic to nuts. While this sucks for him and means that we can’t have like 98% of purchased desserts at family events… I benefit greatly because it means that no one ruins things like carrot cake or chocolate brownies by adding nuts.

His grandma (SIL’s mom) makes a mean carrot cake and always apologizes at family events about not putting nuts in it. I make a point to thank my nephew for being there and keeping the nuts out of the cake as it’s much better that way.

I can’t even begin to imagine putting raisins in carrot cake. I’m very much a purist. Carrot cake should be carrots and cake and cream cheese frosting and nothing else.

3 Likes

It was certainly the weirdest part of a very disturbing story.

1 Like

Obligatory “He/she seems nice.” :roll_eyes: :grimacing: :man_facepalming:

I slept on my neck wrong.

I got a really nice Eli & Elm pillow last year for side sleepers, and it’s been wonderful for my neck and back. I’ve had noticeable decreases in the number of times I wake up with a tweaked something. But last night I fell asleep on one of those pillows you prop up behind you to watch tv or study, the kind with little arms on it. Not sure if they have an actual name. Anyway, I’ll be paying for that for several days.

1 Like