Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

yeah, roland is a good brand too. I was gonna stick with clavinova since that’s what I have now. When I bought mine 19 years ago, I tested out both clavinovas and roland and for some reason picked a clavinova. This place I went to yesterday only has clavinovas.

I also like the sound better in the clavinova than my upright baldwin piano that I have at my parents house. but I like the key feel of the upright, thus I might pick a higher end model that’s supposed to mimic that a little better. I got the cheapest one 19 years ago.

the price range is 2k for the cheapest to 5.8k for the most expensive. probably gonna get the 4.7k one since that’s what’s in stock. i wasn’t sure between the 4.7k one and the 3.5k one.

1 Like

We have a Casio with weighted keys we bought about 15 years ago. If I recall correctly we bought it at Sam’s Club - $500 is the number that’s in my head. Works great for our purposes, but we really don’t use it all that much.

1 Like

One of our dogs is having tummy troubles, so I’ve been making homemade dog food once a day (taking it a day at a time). It’s not quite as involved as when I was making it before, nor am I focusing as much on the nutrients. I zap some instant rice, then a few eggs, add a little bit of vegetable oil, and mix it all together with some puréed pumpkin. It’s about ten minutes of work for 24 hours of meals.

For my 40 pound dog, the recipe per meal, 2 meals a day, is:
1 cup cooked rice
2 eggs
1/4 cup pumpkin
1 tsp vegetable oil

1 Like

Dog off leash. Don’t look at me with doe eyes, don’t get argumentative, don’t tell me how great your dog is just follow the park rules and keep it on a leash.

3 Likes

:iatp:

My dog doesn’t do well with other dogs so unleashed dogs stress me out. Use a designated off leash area if you want your dog off leash.

1 Like

Sometimes after clicking on a link from here then clicking Done to return to GoA, it logs me out.

Annoyed thought: If every single time I call you the estimated wait time is over 30 minutes… I don’t really believe you when you say that you are experiencing “higher than normal” call volume.

I think you are experiencing lower than appropriate staffing levels.

8 Likes

The AC is broken at the office. It’s already 84 degrees and humid in here…

1 Like

When you start to read something, and the first sentence is a spoiler to the ending of a movie you haven’t seen yet…

Granted, the movie being talked about was Jaws, but still… I haven’t seen it yet!

1 Like

Five Guys. So good, but so expensive.

Burger, fries and a hot dog almost $20

1 Like

burgers, fries, AND a hot dog?

Are you preparing to play Henry the VIII?

They do good milkshakes too

1 Like

My standard meal there.

He was a man

Of an unbounded stomach.

Henry VIII Queen Katharine (Act 4, Scene 2)

“Please listen carefully, as our menu options have changed.”

What, are you changing them weekly? Pretty sure they haven’t changed in the last 5 years.

3 Likes

Are you talking about Five Guys or a phone menu?

1 Like

“Should I stay with [name]? I keep waiting for him to ask me to get married, and he hasn’t and we’ve been together 3 years.”

“No, you should leave him because [list of reasons, including but not limited to: being an asshat, being a slob, not giving a shit about you, not giving a shit about your kids other than ordering them around and telling them they’re grounded for inane reasons, not giving a shit about anything other than himself, and being a generally lazy, selfish fucktard].”

“Well, I’m going to pray on it and see what God says.”

[9 days later]

“I prayed to God, and then this house came on the market and it would have bedrooms for all the kids and for me and [name] - I just … feel … [all the dramatic facial cues and hand waiving] it’s a sign from God that I should stay with him, because this house would be perfect for us!

“OK, cool - is this house going to get him to behave differently or start giving a shit?”

“Well, if he’s on the title with me on this house then he’ll have a reason to care because it’ll show him that we’re together and …”

:expressionless: :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I once read one of those pre-wedding synopses a girl wrote about her relationship with the soon-to-be groom and I was shocked to see how incredibly negative it was. Like holy-shit-why-haven’t-you-broken-up-yet negative. The moral of the story ended up being that God wanted the two of them to suffer together, so suffer together forever they would. It was at that point I remembered I live in the South now.

You can really talk yourself into some incredibly stupendous ideas with that kind of mindset.

1 Like

Same, but it wasn’t in the South. She was basically bitching about how her future husband took too long to ask her out, took too long to propose (under a year from when they met until he proposed and then a 5 month engagement, FWIW), was too dumb to see how great she was.

Hubby was pretty close to the groom and I showed it to him and he thought I was reading too much into it. We’ll see.

Oh yeah, that marriage is going places.