Alyssa's FAQ

What are the names of these people? Curious if it is anyone I know from the ao. I assume it likely is not.

I’d also assume using the cas name to promote hate is a good reason to kick them out of the cas.

Bob Daino and Ira Robbin are 2.I can’t recall the third right now.

Yeah dont know them

@Mountainhawk Do I remember you were into D&D or am I mistaking you with somebody else? There is a series I could recommend to you, it’s a full party of women PCs and one is transgender. It’s not one of those like 100-episode series, it’s maybe 12 3-4 hour sessions or so.

I felt bad for a while because she’s probably my second-least-favorite, but nonetheless she’s good, has her moments, and everybody treats her with respect. Might be fun for you to see a positive representation. Will share if you want.

1 Like

I do board gaming, but I’ve never gotten into D&D.

Yup
And one of his most vocal supporters used to be my boss at Zurich NA.

and zurich was cool with this? i’m fairly certain my company would have a big problem with an employee who was a vocal bigot.

That was a decade ago when I worked there, long before this whole “save the CAS” thing started.

He is at CNA now ( I think,)
Not sure how they are dealing with him

And Bob Daino was president of “MyChoice Pregnancy Centers” which sounds like one of those fake clinics thar pulls a bait and switch on women seeking abortions.

1 Like

I’ve been away for a while on the update front — let’s just say I’m not really in a great head space right now. This comes and goes, but I just feel awful about how I look (I’ve had a year of laser and a year of electrolysis and still have to shave daily and when I can’t for the pre-electrolysis treatment, I hate it so much) and I’m starting to stress hard about Friday’s procedure. I’m excited, but just really nervous and I’m going to have to quarantine from Tuesday to Friday, which isn’t going to help the stress level at all.

3 Likes

Bighug.

And best wishes with the procedure.

(My phone typed “breast” for “best”. Maybe i should have left it.)

2 Likes

That one is a year or two out. :laughing:

Whelp, COVID test passed, insurer just sent the approval letter. This is happening Friday and please pray for my wife and kids dealing with my nervous energy for the next 48 hours. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

All went well. Got home last night, pretty much immediately fell asleep. My pain is manageable by just tylenol/advil and is dwarfed by the massive sense of relief anyway.

12 Likes

That’s awesome!

2 Likes

Just wishing everyone on here a happy holidays and Happy New Year. It’s been a pretty rough 2021 holiday season for me, so I know I haven’t been as active as I would have liked recently, but it’s a season of hope and I’m looking forward to 2022.

8 Likes

Happy New year. May next year be better for you and for all of us

4 Likes

[details = “More Surgical Stuff”]

So, this is what the costs of the orchi were. I hate the gap between billed and actual cost, it’s just a way to rip off the uninsured. Everyone should be paying the same price.

[/details]

2 Likes

God, i agree with you. A different price for every person means it’s impossible to comparison shop and everyone gets screwed. Especially the uninsured.

2 Likes

Reminds me of our hospital bills from when our kids were born. As if when you’re there you’re like hm, do I prefer this sauce or that sauce? Such a silly system.