Alyssa's FAQ

Huh, yeah, I missed that. I’m pretty sure my breast tissue is outside of the muscle. But maybe that helps hold everything in place?

It’s an option. Behind the muscle makes them feel more realistic if you don’t have much natural breast tissue (like my pre-op 44As) but lengthens the recovery time. In front of the muscle is a much easier recovery but has the risk of ‘rippling’ and feels less natural unless there is a lot of tissue before hand.

I recall reading/being told that the “standard” method tends to result in loss of feeling, is there less of that with behind the muscle?

Less risk of it, but not 0% chance. Fortunately for me, I already have feeling in most of the area back.

Huh. My SIL had breast reduction surgery, and (at least initially, it might have healed eventually) lost sensation in one nipple. But i hadn’t realized there was much risk of that the other way.

1 Like

Hi all — sorry for disappearing.

I’m physically pretty much recovered from surgery, apart from the scars and everything settling in and swelling being gone which should take a few more weeks.

It’s been a rough time mentally with the loss of Roe v Wade and the rest of the SCOTUS rulings and the news that my facial feminization surgery isn’t considered gender affirming by insurance. Really staring at a very uncertain future, and it’s pretty uncomfortable.

7 Likes

Still on vacation, but in the last couple of days I’ve gotten consultation appointments for my last two surgeries. 8/11 for the GCS, 8/22 for my FFS. Pretty excited all. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looks like things are turning for the better! Hope you’ve put the darkest days past you. The sun probably helps too.

1 Like

That’s several months earlier than you expected above, if I’m following along accurately.

:smiley:

1 Like

FFS is what I expected, but for GCS I was expecting a winter appointment so thrilled it’s moving quicker than expected.

Vacation was pretty incredible. Two weeks at the cabin, which is always a relaxing time (standard routine was up around 7, breakfast, go for a walk, play a board game, lunch, swim, read, play with kids, dinner, and then phone stuff or read. Pretty amazing 2 weeks, and really good for recharging the batteries.

Saturday to Wednesday of this week was in Ottawa, which I’ve fallen in love with as a city. It was hard to come back to the United States after being in a place with such amazing diversity, food options, transit, and just feeling like I’m respected as a human being my the vast majority of the population. Not having people give me the evil eye for holding my daughter’s hand or pull their kids away from me as I walk by on the street was an amazing feeling. If and when we do move there, I think we’ll likely end up in The Glebe or the Wellington/Westboro area. Both are close to downtown via bus, and were incredibly walkable with so many cute independent shops in their commercial areas.

I’m even more motivated to finish the surgery stuff ASAP so I can start planning my new life in Canada’s capital if things continue down the road they have in the US.

8 Likes

Ottawa downtown turns into a ghost town after 4:00 tho… Just sayin’… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Probably fine for someone like mh who’se family oriented. Nightlife is more likely yard work than bars.
Plus, do people still go to gatineau for the nightlife? That’s what we did, granted that was a long time ago.

Long time ago my mom wanted to go somewhere for a drink. So I took her to this piano bar in Gatineau. We are sitting there, she says hey, this is a gay bar. Me: no, I don’t think so. Her: look around. Me: oooooh. Huh. Well, nobody’s bothering us, so whatever.

Not the first time I’ve been in a gay area and been completely oblivious.

I’ve got a buddy lives in Ottawa, it’s apparently really good for family stuff and outdoors. He does a lot of cycling and Ottawa is great for that. They have a huge run every year, like 50k people iirc. I’ve done a half marathon I think 4 times there and the whole city comes out. A lot of fun. And they have a huge bike ride every year, Ottawa to Kingston one day, Kingston to ottawa.the next. Done that 3 times iirc. Plus Canada Day is huge, winterfest for a week in February takes up the whole downtown. Skating on the canal is cool too. So maybe no nightlife, but no lack of activities

1 Like

Byward market was pretty busy around dinner time — I’m sure it’s less so in winter.

Watch out for the tour buses!!! :boom: :scream:

1 Like

The Bingham Cup, the big gay rugby tournament, is in Ottawa next week. Hopefully it doesn’t turn into a monkey pox superspreader event…

What the fluff is going on in Ottawa??? This is a DIFFERENT guy than the one above!!!

May just be an accident or DUI. Minimal damages, driver taken into custody without incident. Seems like using the word ram may just be click bait.

1 Like

Still having random convoy people come into the city as well, so it could have been intentional.

Was just thinking that I hope that despite all the trauma you go through, that some days you take the time to enjoy the life you’ve got that involves a great career, a happy family with a loving partner and great kids, and living in a time that affords us the opportunity to actually transition into who we should actually be.

3 Likes