Alarm/snooze

“People who promptly get up and move around feel less drowsy than people who aspire to get up at a time, then fall in and out of consciousness for a while longer as a small klaxon keeps rousing them from slumber.”

How was this contrary to assumptions?

I make use of Snooze every few weeks and yeah, when I wake up 4 times I’m more drowsy than just waking up.

1 Like

My issue with snooze is I want to get back to that awesome dream I was having, and I either can’t get back to sleep or a new, less interesting dream occurs.
More important to sleep is being sleepy before going to bed, and getting your pre-determined optimal number of hours of sleep. Melatonin works for me, taken about two hours before I need to be in bed in order to wake up at a planned time.

1 Like

I haven’t slept the whole night through probably in thirty years. (Passed out drunk doesn’t count)

Hard bed, soft bed, middle firmness. I wake up in the middle of the night uncomfortable.

I’m also a super light sleeper, so if my wife snores even a little I wake,

I’m just used to 9 hours in bed (9:30 pm to about 6:45 am) with probably about 4-5 hours of actual sleep. A bunch of nights it’s even less.

2 Likes

Generally go to bed between 11:30 and 12:00, sleep through to 7:00 usually without waking up. Sleep app pegs time to fall asleep at less than 5 minutes.

1 Like

Time for no snooze December

2 Likes

I hit the snooze button twice this morning. I got up before the second one went off because I figured I’d be more grumpy if I fell back asleep.

2 Likes

I find that if I get up right away my day is less grumpy. Definitely a correlation to snooze and grumpiness

1 Like

There’s a non-grumpy setting? Never experienced.

2 Likes

Sometimes, my wife wakes up Grumpy. Other times, she lets me sleep.

3 Likes

Mornings suck, full stop. Speaking of, I’m off for a third cup of coffee today, ugh.

3 Likes