Actuary Sighting

It probably shouldn’t count if I get quoted somewhere.

I’m one step removed from someone famous!

3 Likes

That’s Fake News.

It gets counted if you get quoted somewhere.

2 Likes

Look upon my google news search results and despair:
https://www.google.com/search?q=mary+pat+campbell+actuary&rlz=1C1GCEB_enUS942US942&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiN7KywzMD1AhXqkIkEHcLTBPcQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1707&bih=852&dpr=1.5

Oooh, I like my “shammiest of shamtaculars” line.

Yes, some of those results are blogs.

a travershamockery!

1 Like

Aside: just googled my name: 10 pages and none are me.
I have died numerous times, in some other country where my name appears to be quite popular.

If you switched over to the SOA GI track, you could possibly meet @meep at an SOA function!!! :star_struck:

I make sure to append “actuary” to the search now.

Before facebook and smartphones and all the things that made it easy for people to get online, I could google my name and it was me, some person in Toronto who ran marathons (I think she also went to MIT), and a Presbyterian minister in South Carolina. Now it’s all sorts of people dying and whatnot.

So far, I’m the only actuarial Mary Pat Campbell.

Or you could crash the Hartford actuarial club meeting or something like that, once we’re in person again.

I’m usually around.

1 Like

It is tempting… (although honestly the drinks with other GoAs is at least as much so)

:tfh:

I can try that, but that will result in fewer results, none of them me.
(after search)
OK, my linkedin comes up.

Wow I googled my name and my linked in profile was like the 3rd thing that came up. Of course I’m on my phone, in not that big of a city, and I think google knows that?

I am finishing up binge watching Parks and Recreation. In S7E8 Ben Wyatt says to the accounting firm hiring manager : “Hey, it is actuarially very good to see you guys”. At least the accountant laughed.

6 Likes

That guy was willing to laugh at EVERYTHING Ben said. My god seasons 6 and 7 were terrible

1 Like

Cross-post:

In an email from these guys: https://www.fullstackmodeller.com/

unnamed

4 Likes

Actuarial work isn’t fun? Heresy!

The only parking attendant I remember is the one from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and that seemed pretty fun, much funner than my actuarial job.

2 Likes

I think Mike was a parking attendant in the first season of better call Saul.