Aaa bbb

I don’t believe there is a single female experience. If someone asked me what having a female brain means, I have no idea, because that’s not something I experience. But it means something to the person who said it, so they would be the best person to ask.

I’ll take several orders of those background men.

1 Like

Yeah, the video is a parody of the Robert Palmer video, with the weird dancing chicks in the background. Which is a male fantasy.

I’m not so sure if actual women want to be surrounded by a bunch of weird beefcake guy-bots.

you should visit a gay club sometimes

1 Like

Do they have a lot of straight women dancing with beefcake gay guys?

(I haven’t been out of the house in about 20 years.)

depends on the club I suppose. A lot of the newer all-accepting gay clubs with go-go dancers or drag shows would be flooded with bachelorettes, and then girls would bring their boyfriends, and then overtake the club to the point it no longer looks gay anymore.

Make Gay Bars Gay Again!.. MGBGA…hmmm

1 Like

bachelorette parties ruin everything.

2 Likes

When I was young and going to clubs some of the gay clubs had better music and more people dancing than the so-called “straight” clubs. Also it was just about exclusively gay men, single women (including bachelorette parties), and heterosexual couples with virtually no creepy single straight guys going around hitting on you. So if you didn’t want to meet a new guy, you just wanted to dance with your friends, it was more enjoyable to go to the gay clubs.

Note that I think in Seattle (where I lived much of the time when I did this) there were a LOT of gay clubs and it was the more “vanilla” dance clubs that were frequented by straight girls / bachelorette parties. I think some gay clubs really were exclusively gay men. (I’m sure they were required to let everyone in, but they weren’t especially desirable to straight folks.)

I think opinions about this among gay men ranged from “the more the merrier” to “ugh, they’re infringing on our turf!” But a lot of gay men would dance with the straight girls and then go home with another gay man, which seemed to make everyone happy.

I don’t think the leather bars/clubs are appealing to young girls/straight people.

It’s usually the fancy/young bars/clubs that the bachelorettes frequent.

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense. I have been to a few in-between-ish shows and clubs.

In part because I realized, at some point in my 20s, that I have a much better shot with queer-women than normal cis-women. (speaking of gender/sexuality being confusing)

look how far you’ve come!

A market inefficiency!

1 Like

When I was in school in the 80’s, one of my roommates was president of the school gay club. He took me out to a club one time.
I found out later that he was gay, had no clue whe we were living together. And it was much later that I realized that the club was a gay bar. All I knew was that it was a pretty out there bar. Lotta people dancing crazy, couple of folks stoned out of their tree.

gay bars get real messy.

then don’t wear your good shoes

I’ve long wondered if I would be attracted to the same sex if it was socially acceptable when I was young.

I’m married to the opposite sex and have no desire to “experiment”, but I can admit that my own sex is attractive. It doesn’t awaken something inside me, but there’s no reason it shouldn’t. I also don’t get overly excited about the opposite sex since I’m content. But there are some people of my sex I could experiment with in another world.

People are too polarizing about this stuff. You (John) of course can be attracted to only men, but I can’t understand people who flip out over people being different.

Oh I agree, and I think for most bi and gay people of the past, we’ve all pushed ourselves to be straight as much as we could. And plenty of gay people ended up marrying women and had kids. So maybe on some level they don’t mind? And maybe for some gays, there is just 0 attraction with women, it’s a physical impossibility.

I had the biggest crush on two girls, one in middle school and one in high school. I liked them mostly because they were pretty.
I had 0 desire to have sex with them, and it was something I ran through my mind before. But I was also at an age where I wasn’t having sex with anyone, but I knew that if I dated them, it’s something that would eventually come up, and it grossed me out a bit.

We are dealing with the inverse of this with my MIL and my gay aunt right now. Gay aunt was married to a man and birthed 3 kids. Between being gay and him being abusive, she left and married a woman, MIL is now blaming the gay for ruining the marriage.

I thought I might be gay when I was a teenager, but turns out, I think I just thought boobs were cool and I wasn’t.