2024 Exam 7 Progress Thread

Congrats to the passers and my condolences on those who were not as fortunate.

2 Likes

As per reddit poll the splits between May 1 and non- May 1 is wild. Granted there are credibility issues but they still seem intuitive:

https://www.reddit.com/r/actuary/comments/1ea99h0/exam_7_poll_exam_7_only_scroll_down_for_exam_59/

1 Like

Unless somebody was making multiple accounts to muck up the data…

If we make a dramatic assumption that due to anonymity, 20 trolls inaccurately marked “Passed May 1”, that’d still make a 78% pass rate for May 1 and 54% for other.

Any idea of when the exam stats will come out? It has been 3 weeks since results were released. Is this a normal timeline or is this a little long?

Exam pass rates are out and surprisingly 7 does not have an abnormal pass rate, especially compared with every other exam that set record highs for pass rates. There is also the “examiners report”

They called out a few points:

1. People put the response to part of a question in the wrong section, likely as a result of the new format that split the answers onto multiple screens.
  2. The answers to the PDLD question also had the answers swapped, again likely as a result of the question format. I made that mistake and caught it with minutes to go in my exam.
  3. There were a few other exam pressure mistakes that were made.