2024 Exam 7 Progress Thread

I’m in a somewhat similar place. Two kids under 6, and I’m sitting comfortably at ACAS without intent to take any more exams in the short term. Haven’t sat since 2022. One day I might bother with it again…maybe. I still want it I think, but not at the cost it would currently incur personally. When they’re old enough to not want to to anything with me anymore (which anecdotally is sooner than later) I may revisit, just for the sake of getting it done.

tldr: No news is no news

The gist of it is that they want to be sure that they are not handing out free passes to the May1 retakes. I guess that is comforting.

1 Like

They probably should have thought of that before recycling the exam

Honestly should have just graded exams as is. Impacted test takers get to take it again for free the next sitting of their choice (I’d rather have pissed candidates than unqualified fellows)

Now they get to deal with this instead

It’s insane to me that as a CAS candidate, it’s best to be sitting when there are massive technical failures such as these because you essentially get a free pass off a record high pass-rate as a result of damage control, rather than being evaluated off your actual knowledge of the material. As sympathetic as I am to candidates this sitting, handing out credentials due to technical failures isn’t really demonstrating competency.

2 Likes

Meh, one can tell a good actuary from a bad. Don’t need credential to tell you that.

1 Like

10 days left! Let the panicking begin!!!

1 Like

ish. It’s just sometime that week, most likely in 2024.

2 Likes

Start the countdown and try not think of exam results the entire weekend!

1 Like

Did you forget there are/were 9 other exams along with other requirements to achieve FCAS? You think the better option is to have hundreds of candidates sacrifice 400+ hours just to have no chance of passing, no chance for a pay raise, and another year delayed in this process? In addition (based on what I’ve heard from others) most didn’t make it far into the exam on May 1 before getting kicked out.

3 Likes

Not the biggest fan of the CAS myself, but they did say an “examiners report” will be published soon after the results were released detailing how they set passing marks for this exam. Overall, it sounds like they are aware of the potential issues surrounding the May 1 fiasco and they are trying their best to be fair to the candidates who had trouble while not penalizing those who did not.

I’m numb by now. Just release the grades already, let’s get it over with.

2 Likes

Do they delay until 10 AM ET so that people in PT don’t have grades posted at 6 AM?

Because I’d take grades at 6 AM.

I’ll take wild guess for $600

It could because internet traffic is higher at 9 since everyone is logging in and bandwidth costs are higher then. Pushing it off to 10 could be cheaper.

1 Like

Then post them at 2 AM ET, I’ll take it whenever I wake up, lol

1 Like

Third 5 in a row. Enjoy your FCAS y’all, I’m out.

1 Like

Passed! @Rastiln Sorry to hear that!

3 Likes

Co-worker failed with a 70-79%. Did anyone score higher and still fail?

1 Like

Finally passed with a 7 after two 5’s. I’m so glad I get to study for a new exam again, just 9 left

5 Likes

Passed! Finally an FCAS.

5 Likes

Passed, one more exam to go

2 Likes