2023 Tour de France

R u rdy

Thanks for the reminder. Just set up the DVR to record the series. I think I will be massively behind in watching it this year, but we’ll see.

do y’all watch the whole of every stage? I think I’d be down for a 20-30 minute recap each day with the interesting activity that happened.

I usually watch the last 40k or so.

If you get Peacock, you have access to all or the last three or four hours of each stage. I often fast forward to where I think it might get interesting. If there’s a good breakaway, I might rewind to where it started, to see how it developed. If there’s some major climbs, I might watch the last 2k of each climb. I also might watch the last 1k before the sprint points. If someone major is caught behind or has crashed, I might rewind back to where it happened and then watch them for a while to see if they’ll catch back up.

After that I’ll probably watch a few seconds each 5k from about 40K to go. If there’s a split in the peloton, I’ll rewind to where it started and maybe watch if for a while until it’s established. I’ll then probably watch the entire last 5 or 10k. If it’s an important mountain stage, I might even have the last two or three hours playing the background (if a non-work day) and tune in every couple of minutes.

Yeah, I mean, it’s on while I’m folding the laundry or catching up on GoA or doing Quordle… not necessarily my sole focus the whole time. But if something interesting happens then I’ll pay closer attention.

They do a shorter recap later in the day. Ended up watching that last night for stage 1. Awesome that the twins got to fight it out for the stage win.

1 Like

Perth product into yellow!

What’s the rule re: spoilers in this thread? What a race this has been every single day!

Well I’m the one who would probably be the most affected since I watch on delay (I’m currently halfway through Stage 2) but I say read this thread at your own risk!

Maybe if it’s same day put in a spoiler, but more than that the responsibility is on the reader to avoid if they don’t want spoilers.

That sounds good to me. Apologies for not blurring my spoil yesterday.

1 Like

No rules, if you don’t want anything spoiled don’t open this thread (I avoided it until now because I was late watching today).

So twig will need to scroll slowly so that she can see how old a post is. If the post is Xd where X is lower than number of days behind (I think last year it got into the triple digits), then scroll no further.

Although she may not read this post for a number of days.

no spoilers for today, but tomorrow, they climb a volcano.

Can we spoil the future? I predict by the end of this tour that Eddy Merckx is still the joint record holder for most stage wins

2 Likes

Was probably brought up last year, but does anyone else see the Macaulay Culkin resemblance?

Who, Jonas? I always thought he looked like an old lady on a bike.

The entire peleton should be able to run over the fan who causes a wreck

3 Likes

A new sport - cycloboxing.