2023 Survivor Fantasy Football

I think conner goes off here

Hall did

250 for Hall
255 Collins, wasn’t posted

just realized we have 4 QBs in 2 games

i think it will come down to whether Love can outscore Fields by 210

He gave it a run, but did not. Congrats Patience!

1 Like

Congrats patient zombie. well played every 1

Summary

JAllen JTaylor THill 704 306 256 142
+2 boosters and PatientZombie already eliminated…
Have not looked at anything else. Hopefully that comes up 1 point short.

AA, this is a valuable lesson. You lost because you held on to too many good players at the end. One of those awesome QBs instead of the underperforming Herbert would have made a big difference. Having them available but getting out earlier doesn’t help, especially as none of us know who is actually going to play week 18, whether by injury or resting for the playoffs.

It really stinks to go out due to an injury, totally feel for you there. Been there too many times.

Just my thoughts, see ya again in 2024 with hopefully an even better showing!

… and Week 18 is in the books!! :judge:

Person      QB           RB           WR             QB  RB  WR Tot
PatientZomb JFields      JConner      NCollins      101 264 255 820 inc +200 B
EzekCmbrlnd JLove        JConner      MPittman      217 264  44 725 inc +200 B
actuaryjr   KMurray      RWhite       NCollins      194  93 255 642 inc +100 B
Outdoorman  BMayfield    BHall        SDiggs         75 250  87 412
ArthurItas  GSmith       ZWhite       DMetcalf      182 121  10 313

Congrats to PatientZombie for winning Week 18…

… and the 2023 Survivor Fantasy Football Title!!!

:clap: :notworthy: :clap: :notworthy: :clap: :notworthy: :clap: :notworthy: :clap:
:party: :party:
:clap: :notworthy: :clap: :notworthy: :clap: :notworthy: :clap: :notworthy: :clap:

PatientZombie, may you enjoy all the rights, responsibilities, and privileges you are entitled to with this honor!!

I also want to make sure we congratulate all our runners-up for a fine run this season - well done Ezekial_Cumberland, actuaryjr, OutdoormanNowActuary, and ArthurItasl!! :clap: :clap:

We hope to see you all back next year to defend your titles! :+1:

1 Like

Etched on the Virtual Survivor Fantasy Football Trophy:

The Winners
2001: Kid Rock (Runner-up: Ducky)
2002: Ducky (Runner-up: Big D)
2003: StoneGroove (Runner-up: Ultimate Anyone?)
2004: TP (Runner-up: Kid Rock)
2005: Bill Walton(Hippie Years) (Runner-up: ian grey)
2006: Ultimate Anyone? (Runner-up: shadyridr)
2007: shadyridr (Runner-up: Halfmoon)
2008: harvma (Runner-up: StoneGroove)
2009: CaptainDingo (Runners-up: Cynical Realist, ReserveRage)
2010: uoflcard (Runner-up: yankeetripper)
2011: harvma (Runners-up: OddSox, Patience)
2012: InSpades (Runners-up: SirVLCIV, Patience)
2013: rekrap (Runners-up: Ray Finkle, Arthur Itas)
2014: OddSox (Runners-up: rekrap, keyser soze)
2015: yankeetripper (Runners-up: accobra_kid, abwoc)
2016: ImPrettyDumb (Runners-up: MayanActuary, uoflcard)
2017: CaptainDingo (Runners-up: Whiskey, Kid Rock, OddSox)
2018: ShivamS (Runners-up: Ray Finkle, Funemployed)
2019: Arthur Itas (Runners-up: Ray Finkle, ReserveRage, Funemployed, silentassassin)
2020: YankeeTripper (Runners-up: KidRock, IPD, CaptainDingo)
2021: JudgeSmails (Runners-up: CaptainDingo, Jahiegel)
2022: YankeeTripper (Runners-up: Italian_Halibut, MayanActuary)
2023: PatientZombie (Runners-up: Ezekial_Cumberland, actuaryjr, OutdoormanNowActuary, ArthurItas)

great game everyone, thanks for running.

This was the only one missing from my resume and i really wanted it so badly, too much.

2 Likes

Thanks for the game! Always have enjoyed this one. Glad to finally make it far into the game

1 Like

Thanks UA! Best game on the AO…and the GoA!

1 Like

Thanks UA!

1 Like

Congrats PZ, thanks UA?

2 Likes

Thanks UA and congrats PatientZombie

2 Likes

Thanks UA! Cya yall next season

1 Like

Congrats PatientZombie!

Thank you for running this UltimateAnyone?. Such a great game.

Did you guys know this was featured in a fantasy football magazine a bunch of years back because it’s such a cool idea? (I never actually got ahold of an issue).

I’ve also toyed with starting a live, paid version of this but usually have that thought too late each season. Someone remind me next year earlier!

3 Likes

Totally understand your point. I am not surprised (but always bummed) when I get knocked out in the first half of the season, because I am not using any top 10 players, and if I don’t have variance go my way, then I’m out. This season is one of maybe a couple of times where I got through the rough part of my strategy, and I was into the strong part of my strategy, where I should have a solid triplet each week, if not even the best projected triplet.

Herbert was someone I was saving as the #5 season ranked quarterback (continually adjusted as the season goes on). And to your point, he had not lived up to that in the recent (then) weeks. But he was still like QB4 that week, IIRC. So I’m not sure it was my strategy that bit me this time. I think I had the QB4, RB4, WR3 for the week I got knocked out! So I’m not sure the “you lost because you held on to too many good players at the end” really applies this time.

Getting knocked out by injury is just a really unfortunate way to go. That’s what happened here. And to compound it, PZ also had an injury (and at the time had over 50 points less than me), but THill came back in the game and got a few more catches, before sitting out the next couple of weeks. So really just a random combination of bad injury luck. I hate injuries, and would never root for them in any circumstance, by the way.

What’s not written in this history is the 2 or 3 times earlier this season, when I was really at risk of being knocked out, and an injury somewhere else, or just a massive stinker of a game kept me in. So I see all that. This is an amazing game, but there is a heavy dose of variance, for sure. We all live and die by it.

1 Like