2023 NFL Football thread

Carr gets 4/$150M $37.5M per year (though not paid out that way). Sounds like the guarantee is $100M.

As a Falcons fan, I like it. Carr is solid, not great, and that’s a big deal for a team with cap problems.

Highly likely to be a meaningless rumor, but Brady to MIA?
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1632862619311779842?s=20

i think the deal is more accurately $70M guaranteed. they can walk after 2024 with only $10M roster bonus for 2025 guaranteed.

i think the 4th yr salary is $50M and there are no guarantees and I bet it would be a cut by then, but close enough i’ll concede i lost my $35M bet. the market could make that $50M worth paying Carr (depends on him and the market)

5th yr is a void and could have been $100m unguaranteed. then it could have been 5 yrs/$250M!

Yep. It’s likely either 2yr/70M or 3yr/100M.

so our friendly wager is a push?

Took him quite a few years in the NFL but Geno Smith finally gets big contract.

I didn’t think of it as a wager, but yes a push right at 35M per year. He won’t see that 37.5M annual number

1 Like

Danny Dimes gets 4yrs/$160M, plus additional incentives

Much like Carr’s deal it sounds like a 2 year guarantee that the G-men can walk away from or renegotiate at that time.

The Bears actually using the first pick would be a complete and utter failure. They need to trade down for as much as possible.

The absolute wet dream is that the Bears trade to Houston, getting the #2 pick and more draft capital, and then they send Lovie Smith a fruit basket. Then they flip the #2 pick as well to a team like the Colts or Panthers, getting multiple #1s back in return.

I think the double trade back is plausible but not likely to happen.

1 Like

The Bears may be able to to trade down. I would be surprised if they could trade down 2x and accumulate that much. There are 3-4 QBs, not one consensus like Manning, Luck and Lawrence… They are not spinning this into 4 first rounders and a stud pick to boot. Top D lineman and OT seem to be safer picks at the top. Getting quality talent is primary. Edge guy from Bama would be a great add if they pass on Carter for obvious reasons.

As expected the Bears trade down. The winning bidder was CAR

:football:pick No. 9
:football:pick No. 61
:football:a first-round pick in 2024
:football:a second-round pick in 2025
:football:WR DJ Moore

I came here to post this but Arthuritas beat me to the punch. That’s what I get for diverting to look up Moore’s stat lines.

DJ Moore’s stats fell off last year. He had been a reliable 1000 yard receiver before that, but his targets and catches were way down.

The Bears are so bereft of talent that the #6 person on their salary cap list is Cairo Santos. Now, Santos is a decent kicker, but when you only have 5 players worth more salary cap than an average kicker, your talent level is low.

According to wikipedia: Denniston Oliver “D. J.” Moore Jr. (born April 14, 1997) is an American football wide receiver for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League (NFL).

It’s funny how fast wiki gets updated.

I think Moore is still solid. He was just the victim of poor QB play.

Panthers fan. Can confirm. Bad trade from my perspective. No o-line so what’s the point right now?

Bears fan. Couldn’t have asked for more.

And, of course, we’re now hoping the Panthers o-line stinks horribly through next year.

1 Like

Not a fan of either team. What an amazing haul for the Bears.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’d pretty much expected a trade similar to this, but without the receiver. That was a huge bonus.

1 Like