2023 Fantasy Baseball

Another league (weekly points) but wanted to bitch… Civale wasn’t projected to start until this week so I benched him for the mini-first-week in a weekly league, and Castellanos looked like my worst OF so benched him… they killed it. Civale got moved up to Sunday and threw a gem, Castellanos is the 3rd ranked hitter in the game so far.

Effing Fantasy Baseball!!! (So glad it’s back in my life)

1 Like

Week 1 - happy with my P’s especially their ability to generate K’s. Wish I would have kept India instead of Hoerner. Gimenez doesn’t look to be in everyday lineup.

Are you sill averaging 14K/9? I’m shocked we’re tied in 5 cats right now. A 2-3-5 finish would be funny as hell.

The K’s are flying. Lots of games to go. 3 starters tonight that will likely pitch Sunday. I just an hoping for a SB. I might have to pick up someone for a game. Tying 5 categories in a long week would be funny.

1 Like

I do expect my team to crash in next 4 days since week 1 for me has traditionally gone 1-8-1 or thereabouts. I might bench SPs for Sunday though.

Our lineups set once a week. For the opening stub week, the league elected for just a long week one from opening weekend through Sunday of the next week. Having Bellinger, T Anderson, and Olson all in my lineup and out with injury hurts. Fortunately I benched E Hernandez, who also got hurt. Also started Conforto, who missed opening weekend due to the cancellation of the Nats series due to COVID. My opponent has a few Nats, so that’s helping keep it close.

Well you’re pulling away. Doesn’t help I left 3 HRs on the bench the past 2 days. OOPS

Double Oh Tahni (is that TheArbitrary?) and I are extremely close in our match. I had all the pitching cats and he had the hitting cats after the first weekend, but we are close to flipping now. Hopefully I don’t end up losing the pitching without gaining the hitting

This “Today” transaction stuff if playing with my mind after playing for so long in leagues with “Tomorrow” transactions. I keep trying to drop players that are playing in/have played a game.

That’s me… and yes it’s been an interesting week in our matchup. Three guys on the IL here and Ohtani skipping his start… and this is my healthy team! I have another team that already has 5 guys on the DL, Bellinger about to hit it, on top of my two Nationals that missed half the week.

No where to go but up for my team!

Had the second worst score in my league this week. Fortunately my opponent had the worst score! Defense wins championships.

We both had a lot of bad luck with injuries and missed games though. Not worried.

I’m probably going to have to cut someone soon and I am leaning Hiura or Semien. My league is a weekly HTH points league that doesn’t penalize strikeouts, so Hiura has a little more value than in other formats. Who would you toss of those 2?

86 IP, 3.14 ERA, 1.03 WHIP and ZERO wins. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I think you are correct in thinking Hiura.

1 Like

Fresh off my 1-8-1 ass kicking. My team goes 1-30 batting and my pitchers going against each other combine for 6 ERA and 3-3 tie with no decisions all around. Can I hate my team anymore right now?

First win of the year last night. Glasnow went 7.2 IP, 14k, 2 hits, 0 runs and got 1 measly run out of the Rays offense.

As a Mets fan watching Jacob deGrom the last few years, I have no sympathy for “lack of run support” complaints.

If De Grom was a better hitter, run support wouldn’t be an issue. Just sayin’

He’s batting .600 this year.
In 2019 he trailed former teammate Neil Walker in oWAR by 0.1 in 311 fewer at bats.
From 2014-19, the time both were active hitters, he has a higher oWAR than Billy Hamilton by 0.5.